Monday, November 09, 2009

Warm Winter Wishes

I know it's still the beginning of November, but it's never to early to start making winter cards! Winter seems to be in the air in the stamping world as there are multiple challenges out there asking for Christmas/winter themes! Mmm, I just love winter cards! I have been asked to whip up some winter themed card sets for some of my friends, so I decided that today was as good of day as any to get started!

This is a set of 6 cards featuring two stamps from the Paper Makeup Stamps set Snow Happy.

I used my new circle nestabilities to emboss a circle on the side of each card--3 on the left, 3 on the right. I've never done this technique before so I had to practice on a card first! But it went well, so I did it 6 more times. Then I stamped the little snowman in the middle. I varied my coloring of his scarf/hat combo and contrasted the color with the heart. Then I stamped the sentiment on the opposite side. I am leaving the inside completely blank, which makes this little set ideal for duplicating!

Challenges entered:
Cupcake Craft Challenges #65~ Snow Much Fun
Crafty Cardmakers #7~ Stamp Something
CC243~ Neutrals w/ a pop
TLC77~ No Layers

Card Details
Stamps: Snow Happy (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: SU Markers
Paper: White Notecards
Accessories & Tools: Circle Nestabilities

14 Words of Love:

Katie Cotton said...

i love how you used the nesties! I've seen the technique before but have been too sceered to try it! But you've inspired me!

Jessabells said...

Wow, I really like that look Lisa. I don't have any Nesties yet but seeing the embossing is making me think it is time to get some. Have a great day. God Bless.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what an adorable set of cards. I love the cute snowman and the embossed circle looks amazing. The clean and simple layout is so beautiful. I'm glad you haven't forgotten us lol! Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Liza said...

A gorgeous set of cards Lisa, the image is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Tina said...

So stinkin cute!

Angie said...

So pretty & simple!! Love how you used the nesties, never would have thought to use them like this.

Heather said...

Oh Lisa, these are just so sweet!

Michelle said...

Awesome! I love using my nesties, but I haven't tried this. Will have to figure it out. :)

Kim said...

Lisa, girl, these are SOOO fabulous!

Wishcraft said...

Oh these are so cute, and a great idea with the nesties. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers :o) Lisa x

Donna said...

Fantastic cards Lisa, just perfect for our snowy theme challenge this week, the snowmen are so sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

POPPET said...

Hi Hun, this is amazing i love the colours on this little cutie, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week, big hugs pops x x x

Julie Marshall said...

Super Cute Idea! Love how you used the Nesties to emoboss. TFS!

Vixykins said...

I usually start in July lol! Not doing any this year though!

Great lil cards, classy

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and please check out our new challenge x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps