Friday, November 13, 2009

Sparkly Makeup for the Weekend

Happy Friday! Did you know that it's Friday the 13th today??? I'm not superstitious so it doesn't bother me at all. Besides, I have much better things to think about...like today being challenge day over on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog!

Makeup for the Weekend #3 (makeup4theweekend03) is a sketch challenge! We have a super easy sketch to follow and one that allowed me to share one of my new images for November--
Henry, the Snow loving Fairy!! If you look really close, you might notice that something is missing on Henry. Do you know what it is? If you look carefully you will see that he's missing his WINGS! I just wanted to show how versatile the fairy images are. You can use them as just adorable little children having a good time in the snow! I decided to do a bunch of paper piecing on Henry--everything is paper pieced on his body, except his face/hair! Yep, even those little mittens are paper pieced! I made the snow around Henry very sparkly with a good layer of Stickles and then added two sparkly snowflake stickers on the side of the image. The sentiment is from the Snow Happy set also by PMS. Don't forget that Henry is the special charity stamp raising money for the memory of little Henry Anderson! You can find out more about this cause HERE.

For Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday #86 ~Glitter Me Silly
Ways to Use It #243 (WT243)~ It's a Stick Up

Card Details
Stamps: Henry and Snow Happy (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copic (E00, E21, R21) markers
Paper: CS-Bashful Blue, So Saffron (SU) and White (GP); DP-JR Varsity pack (SU)

Accessories: "Stardust" Stickles, snowflake stickers, dimensionals, white gel pen, 5 x 7" Snowflakes EF

6 Words of Love:

Tina said...

So cute, the paper piecing is awesome!

Randee E said...

Awesome job!! Love all of the paper piecing and I would have never thought to leave the wings off!! How clever!

Danni said...

Wonderful card!

Lindsy said...

*love* the paper piecing! What a beautiful and sparkly card =)

Heather said...

This card is stunning! I LOVE the image and the paper piecing and the beautiful embossed snowflake paper. Wonderful card. Hope you and your family are well

Katie Cotton said...

i just love this!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps