Friday, November 20, 2009

A Makeup Blog Hop!

Happy Friday! If you are hopping in the Paper Makeup Stamps Fan Blog Hop, I welcome you to my blog--the second stop along this fabulous string of eye candy showcases!! If you are a regular to my blog--well, I welcome you too! ;) If you are hopping, you should have just come from the Linsy's Blog, so you should be in the right place! If you arrived here by chance, please feel free to start at the beginning of the PMS Fan Blog Hop.

My card today has a new element for me. It's my first ever *long* card! I have no idea why I've been loathe to try these before, because I really enjoyed it! Now I just have to get some nicer envelopes--all I have are the generic business letter ones. If you have never made a long card before, I urge you to try it! Just cut a 6 1/2" square, fold it in half and go to town!

This card features a stamp from the Paper Makeup Stamps November Release called
Monster of a Gift.
Since today is friday, that means that today is also a new Makeup for the Weekend challenge on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog too! This week's challenge is to use the colors Olive, Mustard and Navy. At first, that might seem like an unusual combination, but as you can see from my card, they go together quite nicely! Because my card is also for this week's Try a New Technique Challenge over on SCS, I made my image go off of the embossed square. For help on how to do this while using your Nestabilities, click HERE. Once I got everything cut out, I then opted to do some paper piecing to bring my colors to the image. I paper pieced each element--the box, the bow and the tentacle! And naturally I had to dabble some Stickles on the tentacle! This card is laid out following this week's sketch over on Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #48. I didn't have any clever birthday sentiment stamps for this card, so I typed up my own--the inside reads "Have a Monster of a Birthday!".

Well, if you are ready to continue your hop, head on over to Danni Bindel's Blog to see some more PMS Fan Creations!


Card Details
Stamps:
Monster of a Gift (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: Old Olive, More Mustard, Night of Navy (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools: Square Nesties, Stickles, paper piercer, 5/8" navy grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, "Candy Cane" CB Embossing folder, navy buttons


19 Words of Love:

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is fabulous! Love the long card. Kim

Katie Cotton said...

super fun card! love that cuttlebug folder! *wink*

Anita Hovey said...

Very cute card Lisa!

Lindsy said...

CUTE card! I love how you pulled those colors together.....now where in the world do you find envelopes to fit irregular-shaped cards? That is my biggest downfall when it comes to making cards other than the "regular" size ones =P

Dawn Mercedes said...

GREAT layout! I love it!

SugarBeanz said...

Lisa, love the long card!!! Beautiful!

Christi Snow said...

This card is beautiful. The color scheme is perfect for any male...LOVE IT! Cool touch with the paper piercing! smiles...

Shana said...

Wow! I love your card Lisa. My son would be all over it! The embossing on the square is fantastic and your paper piercing is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing.

Meli Mitchell said...

I dunno why, but that stamp really creeps me out. Lol! Anyway, great use of it...you're coloring is so cute.

Danni said...

What a cute and fun card!

Christi said...

What a fun card Lisa!!!

Margreet said...

what a cute, long card
xxx Margreet

Michelle said...

LOVE everything about this card! As a mom of two boys, I can see myself making a few of these for them and their friends. :)

Lisa Kind said...

Love your long card, Lisa! This image is one of my new favs! Love what you did with it!

Blankiefinder said...

Great card! Love all the details, especially the paper piercing.

MsJay said...

Love the card and the theme as well.

Mercy said...

lisa...i totally CRACKED UP when i saw this card! i love it! great colors and coloring!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week, you did an amazing job!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Stampin_melissa said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the details!

Mandi said...

What a great card Lisa. I have yet to try this kind of card either. I don't know why, but I just haven't. May just have to give it a try sometime soon. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps