Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Inside Cozy, Outside Frozy

Oooh, I was just dying to get home today because I knew I was going to have some happy mail waiting! Sure enough both the UPS man and the USPS lady left me presents: my SU order and my new special HSN Cuttlebug Embossing Folders Holiday Collection! What delightful toys to come home to! I was eager for my SU order because it had my first package of Kraft cardstock in it. Oh my! I am already so in love with it! I "HAD" to use it right away! There have been several color combination challenges in the blogging world lately which have used it, so I went a looking and found a combo just right for the card I made tonight:
Kraft, Basic Black and Melon Mambo!

This card uses another fabulous stamp from the set Snow Happy by Paper Makeup Stamps. I really wanted to feature the new CB folder called "Snow Flurries" on this card because not only is it beautiful, but it gave me the texture and design I knew would be perfect for this stamp. I brought in the Melon Mambo to the image with just a simple gemstone, but I think it really ties everything together.

This card is for challenges:
CC242~ Krafty Black Melons
Card Positioning Systems #141 (CPS141)
Cupcake Crafts Challenge #65~ Snow Much Fun


Card Details:
Stamps:
Snow Happy (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: Kraft, Basic Black and Melon Mambo (SU)
Accessories: black grosgrain ribbon, adhesive gem, dimensionals, "Snow Flurries" Holiday CB Folder

8 Words of Love:

Charity Hassel said...

great colors and the embossed paper is so pretty here! thanks for playing along at the cps sketch this week!

Danni said...

This is so pretty!

Liza said...

A gorgeous card Lisa, I love the clean look and your colour combo. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Kim said...

Oh my, you always make the simplest cards look so gorgeous! Wow! and I'm chanting to myself "I'm not going to order that CB folder, repeat, repeat" :)

Katie Cotton said...

i love this! It showcases the cuttlebug folder PERFECTLY!

Donna said...

Another beauty Lis, love the pink! Thanks for playing along with us again at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what a beautiful card. The colour combo is stunning and the embossed background is gorgeous. Great little image and the black ribbon really pops on the pink. Nice to have you back again this week at cupcake craft challenge :) Hugs, Denise x

POPPET said...

Hi Hun, this is amazing i love the colours on this little cutie, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week, big hugs pops x x x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps