Sunday, November 29, 2009

...for He cares for you!

A beautiful fall morning to you all! Today is the last day of our Thanksgiving weekend, and ours has been packed full of delightful memories!

My card today features stamps by Verve, another one of my favorite stamp companies.
Friday was the November release party for Verve and they hosted a series of challenges on the Verve Blog. This card is for the first challenge (VSNOV09A): Turqoise, olive, black and white! I used the Joy-Fold technique for this card. I used two different stamp sets to create this card. The fleur-de-lis design is from the Kindred Spirits set, and the scripture is from the 1Peter 5:7 set. I went over the edge of the circle using my Old Olive marker and then with Stickles (using Stardust). The design in the upper corner is also from the Kindred Spirits set, and I went over the design using Stickles again, but with Black Diamond this time. It really gives it just the right amount of sparkle. The inside of the card use a small fleur-de-lis stamp. This is quite the unusual color combination, but it really made an elegant card.

Card Details
Stamps:
1 Peter 5:7 and Kindred Spirits (Verve)
Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance) and Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Basic Black (SU) and White (GP); DP-Jr. Varsity (SU)
Accessories/Tools: Circle Nesties, Argyle Embossing Folder, paper piercer, ribbon, Stickles

2 Words of Love:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so very beautiful! Love the classy look of it. Thanks for playing! :)

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow, this is gorgeous....your details are amazing...have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps