Thursday, November 05, 2009

A Bonus Sneak!

*This is my second post for today--Scroll down to read my first post*

If you haven't already, make sure you check out my FIRST POST for today! You will see the card that I made for Day 3 of the Paper Makeup Stamps Sneak Peak Week using the new image Twisty Tree. As promised, this post gives you a bonus sneak of another one of the fabulous stamps in the category: Monsters and Trees.

Here is my favorite stamp from this category: Monster of a Gift

I used this stamp for a little Matchbook Candy Holder. The unusual color combination is for this week's Color Throwdown #67: Sky Blue, Always Artichoke, Dusty Durango and Kraft. I didn't have a Dusty Durango marker, so I stamped out the image onto some scrap cardstock and cut it out. It ended up giving the image a lot more depth which was just great. The inside of the Matchbook uses another stamp by Paper Makeup Stamps. It's one of the swirls from the Dream Big set. I used my SU markers on it so that it could have three colors. It was perfect as a background for the "Celebrate" rub-on.

Matchbook Candy Holder Details
Stamps: Monster of a Gift & Dream Big (
PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: SU (Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue), Prismacolor (Cool Grey 30%, Mocha Light) markers

Paper: CS-Dusty Durango, Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue (SU), Brown (Paper Studio), White (GP)
Accessories & Tools: brads, redline tape, "Stardust" Stickles


If you want to see a bit more of Monster of a Gift, you can head on over to Lisa K or Tangii's blogs!

Don't forget that our big PMS November Release Party is on November 7th (Saturday) starting at 8pm CST (that's 9pm EST!) Come for some chatting, challenges and prizes!

7 Words of Love:

Heather said...

HeHEHEhe! I love that monster tail peeping from the gift box. Too cute!!!

Danni said...

How fun!!

Christi said...

This is so fun!!!

Michelle said...

Great way to use this stamp! Love the sparkles on the tentacle sticking out and the popped up bow. :)

broni (waterchild12) said...

What a cute little candy holder! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown challenge!

Elise said...

That image is hilarious and your work is WONDERFUL! What a darling example of a versatile match book! I love the way you incorporated the CTD colors! Fabulous!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, that image is too cute! And I LOVE the matchbook style of your card! What a great way to give a little gift! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps