Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Winter Makeup

Oh my. If you had a Thanksgiving like mine, it was delicious and fabulous! Not to mention you probably have a fridge full of those delightful leftovers like I do...mmm...cheesecake! LOL! What a blessed time I had with my family yesterday. To do nothing to just enjoy being together!

Today is Black Friday, but I am not leaving my house! None of that standing in ridiculous lines or getting up at wee hours in the morning for us! We just stay around the house and eat all those leftovers while everyone ELSE is being crazy! LOL!

Since today is Black Friday, we have a bit of Black Makeup 4 the Weekend for you from the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog! Because today is the magical date which turns the Christmas switch to the *on* position, we want you to enjoy a simple challenge of making a Christmas or Winter Season card/Project! See, isn't that easy?? If you have PMS Stamps, we'd love for you to use them, but they are not required for your participation in this challenge. Make sure you add your own creation to Mr. Linky and use makeup4theweekend06 as a keyword if you upload it to Splitcoaststampers!

My card for you today is simple, but it took me FOREVER to get it *just* right.
I used two of the beautiful snowflakes from the Snow Happy set by Paper Makeup Stamps. It's honestly one of the best Winter themed sets out there, in my opinion--it's always the one I reach for first! The layout is for this week's Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge (SASSC42). I tried to keep everything simple so that the snowflakes took the main focus. I dressed the snowflakes up by adding adhesive crystal gems. You can see this better in the picture at the right. I didn't pop up the snowflakes this time, though I thought about it. I decided to just leave everything flat for easier mailing. The sheer bows were tied AFTER everything else was done and I attached them with some glue dots.


Card Details
Stamps:
Snow Happy (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: Night of Navy (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools:
Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Classic Circle Nestabilites, "Swiss Dots" Embossing folder, tiny adhesive gems, medium adhesive gems, navy satin ribbon, white sheer ribbon

I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a delightful Thanksgiving weekend! If you are shopping, please be safe because people can do crazy things when there is a bargain!

5 Words of Love:

Christi said...

This is wonderful Lisa!!!

Katie Cotton said...

oh this is classic and stunning!

Rose said...

stunning! :0) thanks for joining us on stamps and smiles this week

Tina said...

totally gorgeous!

stamprgrl said...

oh I love the b/w combo you used.

Thanks for playing w/ us at Stamps and Smiles.

-- dalis

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps