Sunday, November 08, 2009

All My Friends Are Flakes...

Did you get to do the Paper Makeup Stamps Release Day Hop yesterday? Wasn't it specatular?? If you haven't done it yet, why not give it a go? You can get started HERE--and if you do it, you will snag a code that will give you 15% off your ENTIRE order over at the Paper Makeup Stamps website! We had fun at the Release Party last night and everyone was eager to see what the Release Party Challenges were going to be! You can find out about the challenges (going on now!) by checking out the Paper Makeup Stamps Forum!

Today I'm sharing a card I made that qualifies for BOTH of the Release Party Challenges!The first challenge was to CASE a card from the Paper Makeup Stamps Gallery over on Splitcoaststampers (PMSRP19). I have loved THIS card of my friend (and past PMS Makeup Artist) Jamie, since she first shared it! I CASE'd it and then used the "ingredients" from the recipe given as our second challenge (PMSRP18) to make my version! I kept the layout the same (SC250) and used the same stamp set by Paper Makeup Stamps--Snow Happy--but used a different sentiment from the set. I went with the colors given in PMSRP18 (black & pink). Then I threw in the other recipe elements of textured cardstock (my embossed card base) and shimmer/sparkle (my glittery snowflakes) and it was done! Doesn't that patterned paper remind you of candy canes??? Mmm, those are one of my most favorite things about the holiday season! I matched the inside of the card to the front and used the other half of the sentiment with more snowflakes.

Card Details
Stamps:
Snow Happy (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento), Lt. Pink (Stampabilities)
Paper: CS-Basic Black (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Black, Pink, Red & White Stripes" (Paper Studio)
Accessories & Tools: Large Square Nestabilities, "Stardust" Stickles, Dimensionals, "Threading Water" Border Punch (Fiskars), "Swiss Dots" embossing folder, Cuttlebug

I hope you will play with us in these challenges. Remember that you don't have to have PMS stamps to play and if you upload your creations to Splitcoast, make sure you include the keywords PMSRP18 (for recipe challenge) and/or PMSRP19 (for CASE challenge)!
Can't wait to see what you do!

2 Words of Love:

Danni said...

Very pretty!

Michelle said...

Wonderfully done! Love that striped DP and sparkly pink snowflakes. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps