Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ready for a Rustic Fall

Fall is in full swing here in Northern Kentucky. The trees are all in various shades of copper, gold, mustard and red making the hillsides just burn with color. I just love the colors of fall. They are just so earthy. It's no wonder all my fall cards use a plethora of earty tones! Can I just say how much I love the Earth Elements SU Paper Pack???!!!

My card today features a patterned paper that I have been hoarding FOREVER, but finally broke down and used it. I did some distressing on all the edges cause I just love the rustic look it gives a card. I followed SC250 for my layout and double layered the paper for a full effect. The "Ready for Fall" is from one stamp that I split up for this use. It is from the Grateful Thanks stamp set by Paper Makeup Stamps. The leaf image (for WT240) in the middle is a rub-on from an Autumn set I snagged at Wal-Mart last season. I added a dab of Stickles using Cinnamon to the little leaf.

Card Recipe
Stamps:
Grateful Thanks (PMS)
Ink: Coffee Bean (Brilliance)
Paper: CS-Bravo Burgandy, Very Vanilla (SU); DP-from stash
Accessories & Tools: distresser, rub-ons, Stickles


Don't forget to check out the Word Art Wednesday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a great digi BUT you only have until November 3rd to Download it! You can find it HERE.

3 Words of Love:

Heather said...

Oh I love these colors and patterns! It has sortof a 70's feel to it. I have a few things of my moms with those exact colors (like the cookie jar she made when she was pregnant with me :) ) Very nice card!

Tina said...

So rustic and pretty!

Dawn Mercedes said...

such a great job on coordinating the sentiments and leaves!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps