Sunday, October 04, 2009

PMS Sneaks~ Day 3: Tis the Season!

You have been begging for some Paper Makeup Stamps holiday stamps and Katie has listened! You've already seen that some of the fairies are seasonal--but how about some stamp sets? We have two holiday inspired stamp sets being released this month! One of them is for Christmas and the other is winter inspired--both are beautiful!

The stamp set I'm sharing with you is the winter set called Snow Happy. Oh my, when I got this stamp in the mail, I squealed with delight! It consists of TEN stamps! It has three sizes of snowflakes (very very fabby ones!), two sizes of the most adoreable snowmen, a snowflake with text (perfect for round punches) and then 4 sentiments (one of which is very funny!). Our fabulous Shaela designed the set and it is perfect for Christmas, or if you are like me, Winter Greetings! We have four DT members sharing this set: Christi, Lisa K and ME!!!

My card today consists of FOUR of the stamps in the set: The small snowman, two snowflakes and one sentiment. I decided to make a non-traditional card for my sample and went with the super fun Diagonal Double Pocket Card (used in TLC164). I used my scalloped circle Nestie for the snowman, I paper pieced his hat and scarf and then went over them with Stardust Stickles. You can see that nicely in the smaller pic. I also dabbled his "heart" with Cinnamon Stickles. I stamped on the paper of the card with two of the snowflakes in this set using silver metallic ink. It really gaave a shimmer to the paper. I used one of the sentiments in the set "I'm snow happy we're friends" on the first tag. Then I used one of the snowflakes for the bottom of the second tag using silver ink again, but going over it with Stardust Stickles. All the stitching done of the tags was done using my Stitch Template I snagged one time at Hobby Lobby. So handy for lining everything up into straight lines! The only thing you can't see on this card is the back. I made this w/o the revision which allows you to open it up. So I covered the back of it with another layer of brown/white/blue and then stamped three snowflakes in silver in the bottom right corner. It was the perfect way to make a place for writing a message BESIDES the tags.

Card Details
Stamps: Snow Happy (PMS October 2009)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Chestnut Roan (Colorbox), Starlite Silver (Brilliance Metallic)
Paper: CS-Cocoa, Ice Blue (Paper Studio), White (Georgia Pacific); DP from stash
Accessories & Tools: silver baubles (stampingbella), faux stitch template, ZIG marker, Stickles (cinnamon, Stardust), Petite Scalloped Circle-Large (Nestabilities), chocolate satin ribbon


So do you like what you've seen so far? Wanna see the rest of this set? Then head on over to Lisa K. and Christi's blogs!

Do you want to check out the new Christmas set? Head on over to Katie and Tangii's blog!

And as always, you can check out several of the DT creations by visiting today's post on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog!

5 Words of Love:

Kim said...

Lisa, these look fantastic - love the double pocket card.

Katie Cotton said...

so stinkin' cute! I love this car project!

Randee E said...

Lisa, this card is adorable!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I just love this stamp set and what you did with it. :)

Christi said...

Too cute!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps