Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's as easy as A-T-C!

Happy Weekend everyone! I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I looked out the windows this morning and was blinded by this crazy thing called SUNSHINE!!! I haven't even seen it around since we left GA last Sunday! I'm so happy it's out today! Makes my day better already!

Have you ever tried making ATC's (Artist Trading Cards)?

I have tried them before and they stumped me. How on earth do you decorate a 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" card? I mean, that's not much of a canvas...But if you've seen ATC cards before you have seen how spectacular people can make them! I never really made them more then that one time because I also didn't know what to do with them besides trade them--until a friend suggested using them as "Thank you's" for when people place orders for my cards, or put them into my child's lunch, or use them like gift tags, or decorate them and attach them to a card front. Aha! Now I have uses for them--so when I heard that this week's challenge on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog was to make ATC cards, I decided to give it ago.

*Paper Makeup Stamps is now hosting their challenges on Friday's to allow for people to be able to be crafty on the weekend and the challenges will now be called "Makeup for the Weekend"!*

I kept my cards SUPER simple because I just prefer a nice clean look for these cards...LOL! Who am I kidding? I just don't know what to do with them EXCEPT keep them simple! :) I decided to go fall for these and used one of the new fall sentiments "Crisp and Clear" released by PMS this month. This particular one is availabe in Digi, bare rubber and EZ mount form!

If you decide to play along with the Makeup for the Weekend Challenge, make sure you use the keywords makeup4theweekendo1 and paper makeup stamps if you upload your project to Splitcoaststampers!

Project Details
Stamps:
Crisp and Clear (PMS)
Paper: CS-Chocolate Chip (SU); Autumn Paper Pad (Recollections)
Ink: Chestnut Roan (Colorbox Cateye)
Accessories & Tools: Labels 8 (Nestabilities), brown satin ribbon, leaf embellishment


This project is also my submission for:

Belli Blog Challenge #76
: Fall/Thanksgiving w/leaf embellishment
The Pink Elephant Challenge #36: Fall
Ways to Use It #240 (WT240): Autumn Leaves

12 Words of Love:

Jessabells said...

I think they look great. Sometimes just simple is the best looking and you are proving that with these ATC's. They are simple but beautiful.

tina said...

Absolutely classy, chic cards! Love them, Lisa. Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

Kim said...

Wow Lisa, these are simply GORGEOUS!

SMK said...

these are fantastic!! love them :D

Tina said...

These are just breathtaking. Love them!

Ceal said...

I LOVE them! TFS and playing along at the belli challenge

Christi said...

Wow girl!! This is gorgeous!!!

Katie Cotton said...

these are gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Love these! Such a great design for some fall cards. :)

jdmommy said...

I love these ATC's! You've done a wonderful job! thanks for joining the Belli Challenge!

LORi said...

Fantastic!! Love these!!
So happy you joined us this week at TPE!!!

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous ATC's!!! LOve that! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps