Monday, October 19, 2009

Give Thanks

I had so much fun over the weekend using all (well most) of the nifty stamps and papers I received in the mail right before I left for my trip to GA! I had so much fun busting into my SU cardstock and new Paper Makeup Stamps order!

My card today is of a definite fall theme. I used a color combination of Always Artichoke, More Mustard and Ruby Red. They really are delightfully fall colors and a combo that I had yet to use. I colored my new PMS Moody for Fall image with coordinating SU markers and dabbled a bit of Diamond Stickles on the leaves in Moody's hair. The Always Artichoke layer was put through my Cuttlebug using the Leafy Branch folder and I used a Rub-on Stitch design on the Mustard layer. The ribbon is a new Mustard Gold satin I found at Wal-Mart yesterday. I used another new PMS stamp "Give Thanks" from the Grateful Thanks stamp set for my sentiment stamped in Cosmic Copper (Brilliance Metallics). The final touch was the pretty golden gemmed leaf embellishment I found in my stash.

I am showing you two different shots of this card--each one highlights a different thing on the card. One of them clearly shows the sentiment and sparkles, while the other shows the true color shades and the embossing.

Card Details
Stamps:
Moody for Fall, Grateful Thanks (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Cosmic Copper (Brilliance Metallics)
Coloring Medium: SU, BIC, Prismacolor and Copic (E00, E21, R21) markers
Paper: CS-Always Artichoke, Ruby Red, More Mustard, Very Vanilla (SU)
Accessories & Tools: "Leafy Branch" embossing folder, mustard gold satin ribbon, gem leaf embellishment, stitching rub-ons, Stickles

This card is my second entry into the Ways to Use It #240 (WT240) and the Creative Belli Blog Challenge #76.

6 Words of Love:

Tina said...

Gorgeous! I love your color choices.

Danni said...

Very nice!!

Katie Cotton said...

this is stunning!

Michelle said...

You're right, these are perfect fall colors! I love the coppery leaf and sentiment. Nicely colored too. :)

jdmommy said...

I love that image and your coloring. The leaves are wonderful! thanks for playing the Belli challenge.

Chrissy D said...

Lisa- this is just lovely. I like the copper leaf too, beautiful embellishment! Thanks for playing again in the Belli Challenge!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps