Thursday, October 08, 2009

Cute Card Thursday is so Charming...

when you are the Guest Designer!! Yep, you guessed it! I'm very honored to be the guest designer for the next two weeks on the Cute Card Thursday Challenge Blog! If you haven't ever heard of this blog, or just haven't stopped by, why not go check it out? This week's challenge is something I've never done before, but loved the look of. It's very simple, just adding charms to your projects something that is also the challenge for an old Ways to Use it Challenge (WT185)! Luckily I had bought a couple packs of flower charms at Hobby Lobby ages ago!

As I mentioned last week with my other pocket card, I made a second one...My card today is that second one! There is just something fun about making this nifty little card. I used the tutorial HERE from Splitcoaststampers. I used a digi stamp that was offered as a Freebie Friday several weeks ago by Paper Makeup Stamps called "A Friend comes In". As of right now, this is NOT available for purchase. I went over the words on the quote using chalks which always adds such a nice touch. I used several split rings to dangle my charms and carefully tacked them with a stitch or two to the backside of my bow. The little flower on the insert is cut out from coordinating patterned paper. If you have never attempted this particular pocket card, or even pocket cards in general, I recommend this one. It is very easy to make and easy to tweak to your own wishes.

Card Details
Stamps: A Friend Walks In digi -unavailable (PMS)
Paper: CS-Rich Razzleberry (SU), White (GP), Orange (Paper Studio); DP-"Sweet and Sassy Polka Dots" (Paper Studio)
Accessories & Tools: metal flower charms, silver split rings, twill orange ribbon, adhesive metal gem, chalk


I hope you will play along with the Cute Card Thursday challenge this week!

Did you make it to the PMS Release Party last night? Sounds like it was a rip roarin time as usual! If you missed it, but are ready to check out the complete release for October, just go to the Paper Makeup Stamps website and click on "October New Releases" and start shopping!

3 Words of Love:

Heather said...

Your card is Beautiful! I love that challenge blog!!! Congrats on being the GDT !!! WOOT!!! :)

Toucan Scraps said...

this is gorgeous

Leann said...

Fab card Lisa!
Great to have you with us on CCT :)
Hugs x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps