Thursday, September 24, 2009

There She Goes Fluttering By with a CASE

Morning! Is it the weekend yet?? LOL! I'm more excited about the fact that one week from today I'll be leaving town for my annual religious observance! We'll be heading down to Jekyll Island, GA from Oct. 1-11th! I'm soooo ready to get out of Dodge and just have for re-focusing and relaxation time!

Today's card features a company I've never stamped with before. They aren't new--just new to me! There She Goes is a company that my friend Christi got me hooked on. I love the simplicity of their clear stamps and they have such fun designs! This card is for this week's challenge over on the There She Goes blog. The challenges is to CASE a card from a retiring DT member (ie Trendsetter). I found THIS card by Silke and loves it's Clean look. I flipped it 180 degrees, kept the layout, but changed the stamps and colors. I used my one and only TSG stamp set called Bug Me Anytime. I wish it didn't curve in the picture and I wish the scored lines on the right side showed up better...but they are there. Maybe if you click the picture you can see them better? I stamped the butterfly twice. Once on the white scallop and then once on the razzleberry cardstock. Then I cut him out--whacking off his antenae on the Razzleberry one...then using small glue dots, attached him to the white scallop leaving his wings free. this way his antenae show up nice and clean. I decided to add different sized adhesive gems for his body. It really made him sparkly. The white horizontal layer is embossed using the Birds and Vines Embossing folder. A simple card, but pretty!

Card Details
Stamps: Bug me Anytime (TSG)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-White (Georgia Pacific), Rich Razzleberry (SU)
Accessories & Tools: adhesive gems, Petite Scallop Circle-Large Nesties, birds and Vines EF



Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until September 24rd to Download it! You can find it HERE.

3 Words of Love:

Heather said...

This is so simple and beautiful! I love that butterfly!!!

Girly ~ you won the free digi I was giving away on my blog. Let me know what you would like and I will email it off to you :)

Hope you have a wonderful time away, reflecting and relaxing.

Christi said...

Simply gorgeous!!!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

This is so pretty Lisa! Thanks for playing along in our TSG Challenge :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps