Monday, September 14, 2009

Swirls and Pearls for CCC

Well I don't know about you, but my family has had quite the enjoyable weekend! We just enjoyed some awesome family time on Saturday, and then the boys left me home to do "mommy stuff" Sunday, while they did "man-stuff"! The only bummer was that Seth caught a cold sometime on Thursday and it's been getting worse. He's just a little runny-nosed mess right now! And his cough is getting worse. So I'm very grateful that he's such a great sleeper even when he can't breathe very well! But I'm hoping it goes away VERY soon! Now, let's get down to fun Monday stuff!

This week's challenge on Cupcake Craft Challenges is sponsored by My Creative Classroom and they are giving away free lessons! So what do you have to do to get entered to win this prize? Just play along with this week's challenge of: Swirls and Pearls! Once you are done, just add your link to Mr. Linky over on today's challenge post!

My card today was actually a quick one. I decided to play with my new Label 8 Nesties. I've been dying to try to make a shaped card...My first attempt isn't too bad, is it? I ended up using 4 of the sizes in the set for this card. I used some fun and free Digi Paper for my swirls design. You can download it for yourself HERE. This is the first time I've used digi paper and I love it! I just kept with the classic Black and White color scheme. It's simple, but looks complicated! I love cards like that, don't you?

Card Details
Stamps:
Many Thanks (Retired SU 2001)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-Basic Black (SU), White (Georgia Pacific);
Digi Paper from Doodle Bean
Accessories & Tools: adhesive pearls, black grosgrain ribbon, black spicca pen


Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until September 17th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

4 Words of Love:

Ida / Little said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, it look so classy! :) Have a great week!

Hugs Ida

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what a sophisticated looking card. I love the shape and the colour scheme is beautiful. Hugs, Denise x

Caryn said...

Very elegant - and now I need those new nesties!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Christi said...

Simply gorgeous!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps