Tuesday, September 01, 2009

PMS Sneaks-Day One: Halloween

Woohoo! It's the first day of the Paper Makeup Stamps September 2009 Design Team Sneak Peaks! Are you ready for a week of fabulous samples of the new goodies? We've got new stamp sets, new fairies, new Word Art, and even a brand new designer with a fabulous new line! Soooo exciting!

Today's category is Halloween! Now I actually don't have a card that demos any of the new stamps in the Halloween set...instead, I've got a card made to remind you how awesome the MONSTER'S Paper Makeup Stamps carries are. And how PERFECT they are for your Halloween projects!

This card features our one-eyed buddy Dreck and one of the stamps from the Monster Sentiment set. I followed the layout for this week's Sketch Saturday #66. Dreck was colored with my watercolor pencils (and blender pen). I added some Shimmerz (Angel Wings) to his eyeball so it has this very cool gleam. I also dabbed his eye with some nice Orange Peel stickles--then added more Orange Peel to some of the bumps he has. He looks quite cool when light hits him. I stamped the sentiment with Platinum Planet (Brilliance Metallic) so it shimmers too! How do you like that stitching? It's a RUB-ON! It came in a pack of really cool white rub-ons. And those circles? Each one was done with a different embossing folder. Don't they kind of look like moons? I think they look cool and I "stitched" the orange and black one together (heehee).

I just think this card is sooo cute and perfect for the Little Monster in anyone's life!

Card Details
Stamps
: Dreck and Monster Sentiments (PMS)
Ink:
Black Stazon, Platinum Planet (Brilliance Metallics)
Coloring:
SU Watercolor pencils w/blender pen
Paper: CS-Basic Black (SU), White (GP), Orange Melon (Paper Studio); DP-"Orange and Black Circles" (Paper Studio)

Accessories & Tools: Cuttlebug, "Swiss Dots" EF, "Spots & Dots" EF, "Tiny Bubbles" EF, Shimmerz-Angel Wings, Stickles, dimensionals, stitching rub-on

Now I'm sure you are dying to see what the new Halloween set has in it--so just head over to the Paper Makeup Stamps blog for some spooky sneak peaks!!

See you tomorrow for Day Two of the Sneak Peaks--a new designer will be revealed!

Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until September 3rd to Download it! You can find it HERE.

5 Words of Love:

Katie Cotton said...

love this monster card!

Christi said...

Too cute!! LOVE the stitching!!

ScrapinShana said...

How cute is that little monster?! I love the stitching,can't believe it's a rub-on. Also like what you did with the circles, very clever =)

Diane Davies said...

I didn't know you were on the PMS DT - how cool! Love the card, such a cute monster. It was nice to have you as a guest DT over at SSDS. Like I said - small world!

Ok I'll forgive you for the extra step of word verification! hehe

Jo said...

*claps* brilliant card!, perfect for any little monster ;)
Thank you for joining in with us at sketch saturday
Jo xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps