Saturday, September 05, 2009

PMS Sneaks-Day 5: Got Fairies?

Happy Labor Day Weekend? We are off enjoying the great outdoors--our last camping trip before we pack everything up until next summer. The weather is supposed to be great, so I hope I get to go waterskiing--or at least swimming once more.

But you are in luck, because even though I'm not home, I still have a blog post for you...and not just any blog post...but one for Day 5 of the September 2009 Paper Makeup Stamps Sneak Peaks! As promised on Day 3, we have more fairies! Not only do we have the three previously mentioned and share fairies, but we also have:

*Melissa~ the little bookworm
*The Heart Fairy~ The fairy that will benefit others
*Friendship Fairies~ in RUBBER this month!

My card for you today is...well, not a card! I decided to make a little Scrapling for my project! I mean, I am using the adorable Melissa fairy and she IS reading a book...and since a scrapling is an adorable bookmark...well, it just seemed to be the perfect project! Melissa holds a very special place in my heart because she...HAS MY NAME! Yep! My full first name is Melissa! And I absolutely 100% adore reading! I'm a SERIOUS bookworm! Remember? Just a few weekends ago I read 10 books! So this is the perfect fairy for me! She is also perfect for Meli--my fellow PMS DT member--her name is Melissa too...and we both wear glasses and we both read tons! So Katie was totally thinking of us for this fairy...wouldn't you agree? LOL!

My scrapling measures 4.25" x 1.5". I kept it SUPER simple...especially since it's also for the Limited Supplies Challenge (LSC236) over on Splitcoaststampers this week. Did you notice what book the fairy is reading? (you might have to click the picture) The stamp itself provides a blank book cover, but I just had to share what she was enjoying! ;) I popped the book out with a dimensional, and went over it with Shimmerz Angel Wings. I also dabbed her glasses lens with Simmerz too, for a bit of dimension. All those little dots are from a white rub-on set (remember the stitches from the other card?). I think the second picture allows you to see some of the shimmer and shine that she has (including her stickled shoes!). I'm pretty sure it's clickable if you want to see the sparkles up close.

One fun thing about the Melissa fairy, is that Jamie and Meli, the other PMS DT members who are sharing Melissa today too, decided she was wearing socks--not leggings! So their little fairies have a completely different look! I thought she looked like she was wearing leggings and since that's SUCH a popular style right now, i went with it!

This little project is also my entry for this week's challenge on Paper Take Weekly--Fairies and Angels.

Project Details
Stamps:
Beautiful Day Fairy "Melissa" (PMS)
Paper: CS-Basic Black (SU), White (GP)
Coloring: SU (Pretty in Pink), BIC (Tiki Hut Tan, Black), Copic (R20, E00), Prismacolor (Brick White, Cool Grey 30%) Markers
Accessories & Tools: dimensionals, white rub-on dots, "Angel Wings" Shimmerz, "Stardust" and "Cotton Candy" Stickles, pale pink grosgrain ribbon


I hope that you will go to the Paper Makeup Stamps blog post for today and check out what some of the other DT members have done with today's fairies--especially the other new fairy who will touch your heart!

And make sure you check back tomorrow--it's the final day of our sneak peaks and we have yet ANOTHER new stamp set to share with you! I can assure you that some of you (my dear friend Dee!) will find that it's a MUST-HAVE for your collection!

And make sure that if you are able to, you come party with us on Labor Day (Sept. 7th). The action will start with the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog Hop in the morning, and then will continue into the night with our Release Party kicking off at 10pm EST/9pm CST and we will be having challenges and giveaway's for you to enjoy! Just drop by the PMS FORUM!

See you there!

2 Words of Love:

Christi said...

What a cute idea! I love this!!!

Jamie said...

HAHA can I tell you how funny that is. You kept saying leggings and I couldn't figure it out, I SEE IT NOW!! and it is so cute!! This is adorable Lisa.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps