Wednesday, September 02, 2009

PMS Sneaks-Day 2: Introducing...the Moody Girls!

It's Day 2 for the Paper Makeup Stamps September Sneak Peaks! As you know the PMS DT (including myself) will be sharing with you projects and cards we've made with all the new goodies being released on Sept. 7th. Yesterday, you were introduced to the Spooky Sentiments--perfect for all those soon-to-be-made Halloween cards and treats! Today is a special day--the sneak peaks introduce you to a brand new designer for Paper Makeup Stamps, Cynthia Liu! Cynthia has designed a whole new line of characters called the Moody Girls who are slightly anime-esque in their design...but way cooler!! This new line has four unique ladies--Moody for Coffee, Moody for Music, Moody for Art and Moody in Pumpkin Patch.

Now I must add a brief disclaimer--I (like several of the other DT members) were admittedly intimidated by the Moody Girls when we first saw them. It was with trepidation that I chose one to demo...but let me tell you something...once I started coloring, I got into it more and more and MORE! Now I can't even believe I thought this was going to be something hard! I had sooo much fun coloring my image and now I am considering some of the other Moody Girls for my collection.

As you might have guessed, my card for you today features one of the Moody Girls--Moody in Pumpkin Patch. I love all things fall, so her pumpkins appealed to me. Her outfit was VERY cool to color with the little bits of detail. I added chalk to the ground and sky portion of the image and went over her coat buttons with a Gold Spicca.

My layout for this card is this week's Inspirational Card Sketches #32 . I really liked the layout this sketch challenge provided and it was fun to play with. The top and bottom strips of paper were run through my Cuttlebug with the leafy branch embossing folder--it gives them some leaf texture even if you can't really see it in this picture. The bottom strip also has the words "Give Thanks"--a rub-on that just didn't show up as bright like I thought it would. I think I'm going to go over that with something to brighten up the words. The only other thing that bugs me about this card (and really it's minor) is how much brighter the image appears compared to the rest of the card. But I think a lot of that is lighting...because in real life, it's not that much of a contrast.

Card Details
Stamps:
Moody in Pumpkin Patch--available Sept 7th (PMS)
Coloring: SU!, BIC, Prismacolor and Copic (E00) markers
Paper: CS-Rust, Mocha, Hunter Green (Paper Studio), White (GP); DP-"Autumn Leaves" (Paper Studio) and variegated brown from stash
Accessories & Tools: twine, dimensionals, Stickles (Stardust), gold spicca pen, white gel pen, brown metallic brads, "give thanks" rub-on, Cuttlebug w/"Leafy Branch" EF

Now you need to go check out the other three fabulous Moody Girls! You can find them over on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog post for today! Let me know what you think about them!

See you tomorrow, for your first peak at some new PMS images from one of the most FAVORITE categories--FAIRIES!

Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until September 3rd to Download it! You can find it HERE.

10 Words of Love:

Heather said...

Miss Bee!!! I love your card!!! GORGEOUS!!! What a fabulous image and the papers are perfect! So glad you were able to join in at ICS this week. :) <3 Heather

Christi said...

Ooohhh I love this!!!!

Tricia said...

the colors are so rich and nice ! love that image! thanks for joining us at ICS this week!

Tina said...

Absolute perfection Lisa!

Kim said...

Good gosh, Lisa, she's amazing!

Fink said...

Just gorgeous!!!! I love it!

Liz Weber said...

Hi Lisa, your card is so beautiful - I just love the attention to detail and I am so glad you could join us at ICS this week!

scrapnnMO said...

WOW Lisa it's absolutely breathtaking. Love the image and her coloring. Love the strips of embossed papers. Thanks for playing along! :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Terrie B x said...

Your card is` gorgeous` Thanks for joining in with the ICS this week:)x

wendipooh13 said...

what a gorgeous card and love all the details that you used!!! great work.. way to go with the IC sketch this week..

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps