Monday, September 14, 2009

PMS Monday Challenge~ A Flap Card

*This is my SECOND post*
It's a technique challenge this week at the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! This week's challenge comes from the fabulous PMS DT member Jamie Morris! She is asking everyone to try out the Flap Card tutorial over at Splitcoaststampers. Have you tired this card yet? It's actually very easy...a nice bonus!

My sample for you this week features the newly release Moody Girl "Moody in the Pumpkin Patch". If you've been following my posts then you've already seen her twice before! This time, I cut her out with my Peony Nestabilities. She's been colored using SU, BIC and Prismacolor markers. I used Stickles (Stardust) on her nice pumpkin. I didn't have the magnetic snaps the tutorial called for, so I used ribbon instead. I also flipped the tutorial on it's side. I just liked it better. I went over the second flap with white stitching (it's REAL this time! LOL!). I added a little pumpkin rub-on to the inside layer of the card. I considered covering up the understitching that shows on the inside, but decided that I liked how it looked and left it alone.

Card Details
Stamps:
Moody in the Pumpkin Patch (PMS)
Coloring: SU, BIC and Prismacolor markers
Paper: CS-Old Olive (SU), White (GP); Double-sided DP from stash
Accessories & Tools: Cuttlebug, Peony Nestabilities, white grosgrain ribbon, Stickles, gold Spicca, sewing machine, rub-ons


This card is also my entry into this week's Our Creative Corner Challenge of Fall/Autumn!

If you decide to play with us (and we hope you will!) make sure you use PMSMC27 as one of your tags! Remember...you don't have to use stamps by PMS to participate--so get inky!

Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until September 17th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

6 Words of Love:

Tina said...

So pretty! Love the sparkle.

Christi said...

Girl, that sparkling pumpkin takes the cake! Awesome card!!!!

Lisa Kind said...

I agree with Christi! I love that sparkle on the pumpkin! This is such a pretty card and I love the nestie (don't remember what that one is called)!

Heather said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!! Inside and out!!! WOW! I love the way you colored her!!!!

Kim said...

So beautiful, Lisa!!!!

Denise Clark said...

Love that image. Great card! Also love the music on your blog! Fun!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps