Monday, September 07, 2009

Paper Makeup Stamps Release Party Blog Hop!

Welcome!

The Paper Makeup Stamps Design Team is celebrating the September Release with a Release Day Blog Hop! If you've arrived at my blog from Dawn Barrett's Blog, you are in the right place! If you have started here on my blog, then you might want to go back to the beginning of the hop (the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog) and start from there! Along the way you will be collecting letters which will spell a code--a code you can use at the Paper Makeup Stamps store to get 15% off all the NEW RELEASES! Shaela and Katie are also having a little surprise for today's Blog Hop...so make sure you keep an eye out!

For today's hop, I decided to revisit one of my favorite stamps from this release--Moody in Pumpkin Patch! She is just sooo much fun to color and gives me good reason to use my favorite fall colors! This card was designed by accident--I accidently cut my card base too short--and was left with a gap on one end when I folded it over. But I turned that gap into an opportunity! Using this week's sketch on Friday Sketchers #68, I created what I think is a gorgeous card for fall! Moody was colored with a combo of marker brands, and then I masked her off and sponged some Brilliance Metallic inks around her: Galaxy Gold and Cosmic Copper. This turned my white cardstock into a shimmery sunset of color! I sponged another piece of white cardstock the same way and then added a rub-on that says "Autumn". All the colors in this card were inspired by this absolutely gorgeous piece of patterned paper. Aren't the gold pieces running through it fabulous?

Well I'm going to go ahead and send you on to the next DT member in the hop, Dawn Wheeler!

oh and before you leave, you will want to write down the letter:
Have a fabulous day and I hope to see you at the release party tonight--9 CST!

36 Words of Love:

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty! I think she is my fav this release! She is so fun to color for certain! Great job on the sponging...it gives it such a warm feel!

sandyshippee said...

Beautiful card! She is my favorite!

Heather said...

This is gorgeous! She is my favorite Moody and I just love what you've done with her. Beautiful beautiful card!

Kim said...

Gorgeous, Lisa!

Diane Davies said...

What a great card. Love the colors.

April Rose said...

Gorgeous fall card--reminds me of a pumpkin patch!

Tina said...

Oh my goodness, this is so lovely!

Katie Cotton said...

adorable card hun!

Meli Mitchell said...

What a ((waaaaarm)) card!

Jamie said...

She is beautiful Lisa!!

Stephanie said...

Very pretty!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors and how your mistake turned into a great layout! :)

Tracey said...

This is a beautiful stamp. Love your card!

Dragonlady said...

Great card and I love the letter N inage too.

Ali x

Randee E said...

Such a pretty card. I too think it is gorgeous and love it when accidents turn into something better than originally planned :0)

Lorie said...

I LOVE this image! It is probably my favorite of the new line. :o)

Jenny said...

Love the letter reveal! Too cute!! Gorgeous card & I love it when an oops turns out great like yours did!

Sprytebyrd said...

Hey Lisa! You know how I loves me a PMS hop! :) Your card is beautiful! I really love this image!
Dee

jan farnworth said...

super cute love how you showcased this new stamp. I think your card turned out fabulous.

Brandi said...

Very pretty! I love the fall colors.

Smiles,

Brandi

Rachel said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!
hugs,
Rachel

Lisa said...

wonderful job Lisa!!

Ashley said...

This is such a pretty card!

kasmello said...

Beautiful. Love the colors!

Mandi said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. And I love the paper you chose to use for this! For this card starting out as an accident, it definitely turned out beautifully! :)

Heather said...

Fabulous!!

fifib said...

Great card.

Fiona x

Shaela said...

I might just have to get this moddy now, hmmm... :) great job!

Shana said...

Gorgeous! I love the use of metallics in the background!

Anita Hovey said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! Love teh colors...so glad you didn't ditch the card all together :) See you tonite!

alienanessa said...

Oh my sweet goodness, such beautiful colors!!!

Spammers suck, the verification is completely understood.

silvia said...

Fabulous fall card!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

This was a great Moody girl!

Alex said...

I love these new stamps and think you accident turned into a FABULOUS design!

MsJay said...

This is a lovely card.

kim.mom said...

Wonderful card!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps