Monday, September 21, 2009

Falling for CBC74 and SSS22

Fall is in the air! Tomorrow is the first day, are you ready for it?

This card is for two challenges:
*SSS22~A sketch with a spin of red, tan and black
*CBC74~Fall or Halloween

I know you are NOT surprised to see dear little Moody in the Pumpkin Patch on yet ANOTHER card. What can I say? She's really my only REALLY good fall image right now and she's so much fun to color! But don't worry, I'm going to give her a rest--for a day or so! LOL! This card was fun to make because I used some new goodies! I just got these Petite Scalloped Circle-Large Nesties from the Paper Makeup Stamps store! I am sooo in love with them! I also got three new embossing folders including the one I used on this card--Houndstooth! I really like that texture. Then I dug around and found the cute little gold leaf embellishment. I'm just sad it is my last one...sigh. I've been on a paper piercing kick, so I had to add that around my plaid layer. This card appeals to me very much AND I'm happy to say I even went ahead and decorated the inside of it too! I am VERY naughty about only doing the outside, then discover I still need to do the inside suddenly when I'm ready to actually use it! So I've promised to "force" myself to finish it completely before taking any photos! So far, so good! LOL! I brought more layers inside the card using the Herringbone embossing folder again. I also inked the edges of the white layer with Galaxy Gold Metallic (Brilliance) and then added a rub-on leaf for the final touch.

Card Details
Stamps:
Moody in the Pumpkin Patch (PMS)
Ink: Galaxy Gold (Brilliance Metallics)
Coloring: SU, BIC, Copic (E00, E21, R20) and Prismacolor Markers
Paper: CS-Ridinghood Red, Basic Black (SU), Tan (Paper Studio), White (GP); DP-"Fall Plaid" (Paper Studio)
Accessories & Tools: gold spicca, "Houndstooth" embossing folders, Petite Scalloped Circles-Large (Nesties), autumn rub-ons, adhesive gold gems, black grosgrain ribbon, gold leaf embellishment

I promise that my card for tomorrow will NOT be fall themed! I went bold and bright and sparkly!

Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until September 24th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

6 Words of Love:

Debbie said...

Lisa - Beautiful Card! Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

Callie said...

Beautiful as always Lisa. That really is a great image!! I love the black on this card. And so glad that my post title got your attention!!

Korin said...

Love this, Lisa!!! The image is adorable :). Thanks for playing along with The Sweet Stop sketch with spin!

Holly said...

Oh, this is beautiful!!!!!!!! LOVE that girl with the pumpkins, and I love your papers and colors. That ribbon with the leaf charm is gorgeous! I'm so glad you played in our Belli Challenge!

Joan Ervin said...

What beautiful, rich colors and I just love that adorable image!!!! Awesome coloring and details, too!!! Thanks for playing along in the Belli challenge this week!!!!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great fall card - i can see where she'd be fun to color! Love that leaf embellie on your bow - nice touch! Thanks for playing along with us in the Belli Challenge!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps