Tuesday, August 11, 2009

VLVAug02~ Sketchy and Edgy


Some of you might remember that I was lucky enough to win the June Viva la Verve contest giving me the entire July release from Verve. I love my new stamps and decided to try my luck for the August round--not that I expect to get lucky again this time, but I like the sketches. My card for the first week of this month can be seen HERE.

Today's card is for the second week of the August Viva la Verve challenge (VLVAUG02). I really like the sketch for this week--lots of squares! And like all VLV challenges this one also had a twist:

*Use your Edge Punches

Now if you are like me you have your favorite edge punches and then you have the ones that you don't use very often. I'm addicted to edge punches (especially Martha Stewart ones) and I'm always looking to find another one! Going into this challenge, I had no idea what edge punch I was going to use and the one I ended up using worked out perfectly!

Because I just received my latest SU order, I knew what color I was going to use. Can I just say how much I'm in love with SU's Night of Navy? It's like the perfect Navy! My friend (and SU demo) Dee surprised me by sending a 6x6 Patterns Pack III too! She's just nice like that! (*muah*) The pack has patterns in Night of Navy, so I had fun coordinating my paper to my cardstock (it was my first time using SU patterned paper!). I opted to keep my card just two colors: Night of Navy and White. And decided to go with another sympathy card--something I don't make very often.

I used this delightful image from the Forever in Our Hearts set by Verve. This set is fabulous for making any kind of card for encouragement or sympathy and it's a fairly large set. As you can see, I decided to use my Picket Fence punch (Martha Stewart)...and it's the first time I've used it on a card! I liked the way that it worked with this image. The sentiment is from this same stamp set and is stamped in Starlite Silver (Brilliance Metallic).

Card Details
Stamps: Forever in our Hearts (Verve)
Inks: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Starlite Silver (Brilliance Metallic)
Paper: CS-Night of Navy (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific); DP-Night of Navy from the 6x6 Patterns Pack III (SU!)
Accessories & Tools: Picket Fence Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Silver Baubles (Stampingbella), 5/8" navy Grosgrain Ribbon, dimensionals



Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 13th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

4 Words of Love:

Toothy said...

Beautiful, Love your new stamp.

Katie Cotton said...

ooooooo, i LOVE this!

TannyP said...

Gorgeous, Lisa! With cards like this, you'll be winning August, too ;)

Meli Mitchell said...

Again, another gorgeous card. I am in love with that image and I am also such a fan of Night of Navy!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps