Thursday, August 20, 2009

VLV and PTW-- Just for you

Good morning! Today is my first day back to the college grind. I'm happy and sad to be back at it. I love the adult interaction and just the college setting, but I will not enjoy the homework reading! LOL! I had fabulous classes last semester, so I hope that it turns out great this one.

But let's get on with today. Today's card is for TWO challenges:

1. August Viva la Verve Week #3: A sketch with a twist of a tag
2. Paper Take Weekly: Challenge #100--Pick your favorite!
My favorite PTW challenge was
July 7, 2009 "My Favorite Things".
My card features several of my favorite things:
* Chocolate Brown Cardstock
*Gingham ribbon
*Brads and Stickles
*My two favorite stamp companies:
Paper Makeup Stamps and Verve

My card features the Paper Makeup Stamps fairy, Kirsten, who is probably my fave. I just love her simple lines and that delightful dandelion. I used my watercolor pencils (with E00 Copic) on her and only stamped a partial image--just what would fit in the embossed circle. My tag has the sentiment "Just For You" which is simple, but perfect for this card. I loved adding the bit of chocolate gingham ribbon. I've only used this paper a handful of times. It's double sided, so I used both sides. Isn't it delightful? I kept my chocolate as my embellishment color using not only the ribbon, but also brown brads, and then my Chocolate Chip SU marker for the edges of the tag.

Card Details
Stamps:
Kirsten (PMS) Just for You (Verve)
Ink: Coal Black (Ancient Page), Chestnut Roan (Colorbox Cateye), Chocolate Chip (SU Marker), E00 (Copic)
Paper: CS-Chocolate Chip (SU), White (GP) and DP-"Backyard-My Journey-Stripe/Lime" (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories & Tools: Peony (Nesties), chocolate gingham ribbon, Stickles (Icicle and Stardust), Threading Water edge punch (Fiskars), dimensionals, brads, watercolor pencils

So that makes three of the Viva la Verve challenges completed for this month. Only one more to go! Well, I hope to have another little something for you tomorrow, but we'll see how it goes after I get home from school today.

Have a fabulous Thursday!


Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 20th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

8 Words of Love:

thefragile7393 said...

I love keeping track of how things are going through here! You have so much energy even with all that you have going on....I don't know how you do it!

Toothy said...

cute, love that image and the colors. Afe you a member of Stampers Anonymous on cafemom? if so there is a color challenge for 2 weeks and the colors are green, blue and brown, and the winner gets a prize from me. Your card fits the description. I love that ribbon too.

Tina said...

This is just the cutest!

Dawny P said...

Fabulous card chick - I love the image and colours you used :) Thank you for joining us over at PTW for our special challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx

Katie Cotton said...

this is fantastic! I love her in the peony die!!!

Juls said...

this is really cute!! Love it!

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and colours. Jillix

Meli Mitchell said...

There's those peonies!
:o)
The gingham ribbon is a wonderful touch.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps