Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A "There She Goes" Happy Birthday for SC242

Day two of College went great and I love being back in the swing of things having a set schedule again! I have my first quiz tomorrow, but I'm not worried about it as I know the material. It has been perfect weather the last few days--cool at night (perfect for open windows!) and then upper 80's during the day. I'm glad we are getting a bit of a late summer before fall officially sweeps in!
Today's card is for two challenges: Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge-SCS242 and There She Goes Birthday Challenge-TSG17. The image is the cute little fairy Katie by Paper Makeup Stamps. The "Happy Birthday" is something I typed up and printed off. I used some purple mulberry paper that I've been "saving for a rainy day" and it turned out nicely. I don't know that I've ever put lavender, gray and white together, but I think it turned out quite nice! For an extra touch, I sanded the gray piece that was embossed with swiss dots to bring in a bit more texture. Gotta love that white core stuff! The inside is stamped with a coordinating stamp to the fairy that says "You are beautiful inside and out" which is by PMS and can be found HERE. As usual, I made sure there was pretty of sparkle on this card! I used Stickles on her wings (Stardust), her powder puff (Starry Night) and around the image layer (Lavender). Adding the four flatback metallic balls was the finishing touch!

Card Details
Stamps:
Katie and "You are Beautiful" (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: BIC, Copic (E00, R20) and Prismacolor markers
Paper: CS-Grey w/white core (Paper Studio), Lavender (Paper Studio), white (GP) and lavender mulberry tissue
Accessories & Tools: flat back metallic balls, Stickles, Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots EG, dimensionals, 1 3/8" lavender satin ribbon


Guess what? It's getting that time again! Yep, it's only a few more days until the next week of Sneak Peaks beings for the September 09 release by Paper Makeup Stamps! The DT and I have been enjoying seeing the goodies that are going to be released and there is an exciting *NEW* designer and line being introduced that many of you are going to ADORE! I'll start my countdown very soon, but you might want to put the September 7th release date on your calender now!

And don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 27th (TOMORROW!) to Download it! You can find it HERE.

4 Words of Love:

Christi said...

OMG I love this Lisa!!! I'm glad school is going good for you. :)

Toothy said...

WOW I love purple and gray together, this is sooo pretty. I never would have thought to put the 2 colors together, I don't even think I have ever used gray on a card but I need to try it out.

Silke said...

Lisa - this is a cute *birthday* card!!! Awesome color combo too!!! Thank you for coming out to celebrate with us :)!!!

Also *thank you* for your super sweet comment you left on my blog today...you soooooo made my evening!!! Hugs ~S~

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Great card, I love that you used a PMS fairy- they are so darn cute! Thank you so much for playing in the TSG Birthday challenge :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps