Saturday, August 08, 2009

A Sketchy Elephant Recipe--Release Party Challenge #1


This card was made to meet three different challenge criteria:

1. The layout is this week's Sketch Challenge on SCS (SC240).

2. It meets the required "recipe" for this week's The Pink Elephant Challenge (TPE26)
*3 brads, 1 flower, designer paper

3. It is my DT sample for the 2nd Paper Makeup Stamps Release Party Challenge--a PMS Recipe
*1 fairy, 2 pieces patterned paper, bling, a sentiment, and ribbon

This is one of those cards that just almost magically came together--and one that I am so in love with I will find it hard to send from my presence! LOL! The image is Teddy--the newest little boy fairy in the Beautiful Day Fairies by Paper Makeup Stamps. I colored him with my watercolor pencils (and blender pen) because I love the smooth and soft look it gives pics. The sentiment is also by Paper Makeup Stamps and is part of the Monster Sentiment set.

My paper is Cute Blue Stripes and Cute Blue Patchwork by Paper Studio and it's been layered with Chocolate Chip (SU) cardstock. I ran the patchwork pattern through my Cuttlebug with my Peony Nesties to cut and emboss the little circular shapes. I added a random flower I had in my stash to the top of the knotbow and then dabbed some Distress Stickles (Faded Jeans) to the center. I also added some Stickles (Stardust) to Teddy's wings. Instead of layering the sentiment, I just dabbed it with one of my fluid chalk (Ice Blue) to give it slightly blue edges.

The inside of the card is also decorated. I layered the patchwork paper with white and chocolate ship cardstock--then stamped one of the swirls from the new Dreams set (also by Paper Makeup Stamps) in the corner.

Card Details
Stamps: Teddy, Monsters Sentiments and Dreams (
PMS)
Ink: Coal Black (Ancient Page), Ice Blue (Colorbox Fluid Chalk)
Coloring: Watercolor pencils w/blender pen
Paper: CS-Chocolate Chip (SU), White (GP) and DP-"Cute Blue Stripes" and "Cute Blue Patchwork" (Paper Studio)
Accessories and Tools: white grosgrain ribbon, brown metallic brads, Stickles (listed above), Cuttlebug, Peony Nesties, fabric flower, Threading Water Border Punch (Fiskars)

I just love this card and I love the image because it reminds me sooo much of my son. He has a teddy he loves to death and we become frantic if "Teddy" is missing come bedtime! LOL!

Have you stopped by the Paper Makeup Stamps Forum to check out the other Release Party Challenge yet? Anyone who plays and gets a card uploaded to the forum or to SCS (use PMSRP12 for this challenge) gets entered to win a prize next week!


PS: You still have time to do the PMS blog hop from yesterday AND get your Freebie Friday digi! Just go ---> HERE for more details!

5 Words of Love:

Carol said...

Fabulous image and colours...great card :)
Thanks for joining our challenge...

Hugs
Carol x
http://carolspaperplayce.blogspot.com/

Carol said...

Oops! left the wrong link :)
Carol x
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

PaperCrafty said...

Super cute!! Great job coloring. Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Tina said...

too precious! :) Thanks for creating with us at TPE.

Ann said...

Love this card - the colours the style everything.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps