Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Quickie

Happy Tuesday! I don't know about you, but I've been on a mojo-less streak now since Friday and I'm trying to get myself inspired to craft again! The card I shared yesterday was something I made early last week when the mojo was still flowing. For the last few days I've just been doing other things--like my other hobby: Reading! I read 2 books on Friday, 1 book on Saturday, THREE! books on Sunday, two books yesterday and two books today! That's TEN books in the last 4 days! And before you question the books I was reading, every one of them had at least 200 pages and were from several genres including Young Adult Lit, Inspirational Fiction, historical romance and then Nicholas Sparks! Did I mention I'm a SUPER fast reader?? LOL! Anyways, I wanted to do some pleasure reading before having to put it away in place of all my assigned reading I know I will have starting this Thursday when I start my fall semester at the University! Homework will rob me of my "free" time!

But I do have one thing to share today. This is the last card I made before I lost my mojo on Friday. The green paper, ribbon, spiral clips and image all came from a card kit swap I participated in. At first I didn't think I was going to be able to make anything from the card kit...the colors just weren't making sense in my own head...but I kept coming back to this image...once I paired it with the green and then the ribbon, it came together fast. I enjoyed doing some distressing on the patterned paper using my edge distresser and ink. I love the image, don't you? I colored it with my BIC markers and then used Colorbox Fluid Chalk Cateyes for the grass and sky (using a fingertip dauber) then added the sun with my regular chalks. All in all, this turned out to be much cuter then I thought it was going to be!

Card Details
Image, ribbon, patterened paper and spiral clips from a RAK
Paper: CS-chocolate Chip (SU) and Orange (from stash)
Ink: "Ice Blue", "French Blue", "Olive Green" (Colorbox Fluid Chalk Cateyes); chalks (Peebles)
Accessories & Tools: paper piercer, dimensionals, edge distresser, fingertip daubers


I'm trying to get motivated today as I have several cards I need to put together this week. I think if I can get at least one done it will jumpstart my mojo for the rest...so wish me luck!



Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 13th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

2 Words of Love:

Kim said...

That's adorable, Lisa. and I LOVE Nicholas Sparks!!!!

Lisa (lakind) said...

Cute card, Lisa! I love dog images!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps