Wednesday, August 05, 2009

PMS Sneaks Day 3: A Fairy Nice Thing Called...Hope


Welcome to Day 3 of the the Paper Makeup Stamps August 2009 Release Sneak Peaks! As you probably have guessed today is the second Fairy Day! You have already met Meme, Donna and Teddy...and today I am very pleased to introduce you to a VERY special little sprite named Hope.

This fairy was created upon request of many PMS fans who begged and pleaded (myself included!) for a cause ribbon holding fairy and she is just perfect! As soon as I set my eyes on her holding that ribbon, I knew that "Hope" was her name and was honored when Katie agreed that it was just the name for her.

I have two cards to share with you. My first card features Hope as a Breast Cancer Awareness fairy. This card has been done in the soft colors of pastel pink, blue and green. I kept this card very simple because I think the image says so much. I colored Hope using my SU markers coordinating with the paper.

The sentiment is something I typed up on the computer. I just felt this quote went perfectly with this image. I used my Peony Nesties for the cutout and then went over the edges with my "Pretty in pink" SU marker, then with Cotton Candy Stickles.

While this card isn't very bright colorwise, it's definitely sparkly! I just wish the sun had been shining when I took this picture! I did do some closeups so that you can get a better idea of all the glitz!

Did you notice Hope's shoes? 100% silver glitter! Perfect for this classy fairy! I just wish I had some like that! I also went over the ribbon image with Cotton Candy Stickles so that it is a densely glittered pink and oh so pretty.

Card Details
Stamps:
Hope (PMS); Inks: SU markers; Paper: CS-light blue, green (Paper Studio), CS-White (GP), DP-Stripes (From stash); Accessories and Tools: Stickles (listed above), dimensionals, Nesties (Peony), ribbon, adhesive gems


My next card features Hope with a light blue ribbon...a color usually standing for childhood cancer. In this card, I colored the image using my watercolor pencils to give it a nice smooth look. I used this week's sketch over at Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #33 (MTSC33) for my layout. Don't you love the colors brown and blue together? I sure do and I don't use them enough.

Card Details
Stamps:
Hope (PMS); Inks: Coal Black (Ancient Page); Coloring Medium: watercolor pencils w/blender pen (SU)Paper: CS-chocolate chip (SU), light blue (Paper Studio), White (GP) and DP-"Cute Blue Stripe" (Paper Studio); Accessories and Tools: Stickles (Cinnamon, Stardust), dimensionals, brown metallic brads, small daisy punch (Marvy), pearl Bella Baubles (Stampingbella)


This image is going to be used over and over as my paternal grandma, my mother and my aunt are all breast cancer survivors...well, except my aunt...she's back fighting it again and a card like this is just what she needs to remind her there is ALWAYS "hope".

Did you know there are two more new fairies for you to see today?

You can check out the very glamorous Tooth Fairy over on Meli and Dawn W.'s blog and head over to Katie and Christi's blogs for a glance at the fabulous Friendship digi Fairies.




ps. Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 6th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

8 Words of Love:

Kim said...

Oh Lisa, those are both so beautiful! Love your Hope quote too.

TannyP said...

Gorgeous cards! I love how you've done her up in different colors and she's so darn adorable. All the sparkle makes me smile!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awwww this is soooo sweet!!! Beautiful card!! I love the layout on this tooo :)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Meli Mitchell said...

What a lovely pair of cards! Hope looks gorgeous...and I so need those peonies.

Christi said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!!!

Mercy said...

these are both gorgeous, lisa...but i especially like the brown and blue one! i am a HUGE supporter of st.jude's, and this card really hits home for me! amazing job!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week, and i hope to see you again next week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Shelly Koskinen said...

Great cards!!!!

Tina said...

Oh Lisa, this is incredibly beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps