Monday, August 10, 2009

PMS Monday: I'm stuck on you!

*This is my Second post for today*
Is it already the second week of August? Wow! Where is this month (and year for that matter) going? Time seems to go much faster now that I'm an adult! LOL! But here we are...another week...another Monday...

This week's Monday Challenge over on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog was chosen by ME! Yep, it was my turn again and this time I decided to host an embellishment challenge! This week I want you to dig out...STICKERS! If you are like me, you have snagged super cute ones in the bargain bin or at the Dollar Store...but they seem to just pile up as you reach for your trusty stamps instead. Well pull them out! It's time to use them!

I pulled out some super cute 3D Stickers I found at the Dollar Store of all places. Yes, the Dollar Store--or rather Dollar Tree as it's called around here. I've learned to ALWAYS check them out cause they get in some super cute stuff now and then and for just $1 you can splurge! LOL! These stickers are a sheet of twelve with whimsical butterflies, flowers and the cutest little house. I used six of them on my cards.
I decided to try out a cute design I saw in one of the old SU catty's for this layout. Just two pieces of cardstock needed for each card. I ran the bottom edge through my Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots. Then stamped my sentiment on the white strip and adhered to the card base. Then I added three of those stickers to each card and then got out my chalks. I used coordinating colors (to the stickers) and colored two of the words on the sentiment.

This sentiment was just released in rubber by Paper Makeup Stamps on the 7th! I love that it's a medium size and so much fun to use--with a great quote to boot! You can find this stamp on the PMS website in DIGI or RUBBER.

Aren't these cards so cute? These cards took me all of 10 minutes TOPS to make (including the photography!). That's the nice thing about stickers. They are just downright easy-peasy to jazz up a card with!

I really hope you will give this challenge a try. Remember that PMS stamps are encouraged, but NOT required. If you decide to play, make sure you use the tags/keywords "pms", "pmsmc23", "paper makeup stamps" (with the spaces!) and if you want your card to count towards your pms contest entry, also add the tag "pmsgallerychal"!

Contest? What contest you ask...well I'm glad you asked! We are hosting a BRAND SPANKING NEW contest over at the PMS blog--you can read all about it HERE. Trust me when I tell you that it has the AWESOMEST prize. Seriously--you need to check it out!

Well that's it for now. Make sure you check out what the other PMS DT members came up with for my challenge this week. They did fabulous as usual!


Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 13th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

5 Words of Love:

Tina said...

Super adorable! Love how you used your stickers.

Meli Mitchell said...

Our Dollar Tree also has great scrapbooking stuff. These cards are precious. Great job!

Anita Hovey said...

Lovely cards Lisa! Great stickers!

Toothy said...

Cute, I love cards that are cute but don't take too long to make.

Cassie said...

this is wonderful!! love the way you laid it out!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps