Monday, August 03, 2009

PMS August Sneaks...Day 1: Fairy's and Pretty Paper

It's Day 1 of the Paper Makeup Stamps Sneak Peaks for the big August 2009 release! Are you ready to see what we have for you? Yes! Yes! YES!

We have so many awesome stamps being released in rubber this month, that we had to break up a category into two days...and that special category is...BEAUTIFUL DAY FAIRIES!!! We know how much some of you dig these gorgeous sprites, and this month you are going to fall in love with at least one of these lovely creatures...guaranteed!!

Today we are introducing you to three special pixies: Teddy, Donna and MeMe! My little fairy for you is the darling little MeMe with her adorable little pooch! This is a must have for all of you dog lovers out there! I am more of a cat person, but as I was stamping MeMe out, I had to admit she was kind of fun to play with!

Can you tell this card is a little out of my usual style? That's because I made that pretty paper all by my very own self! Now why did I do that? Because not only is today Day 1 of the sneaks, but it is also a Monday, and the PMS Monday Challenge this week comes from Lisa K: Make Your Own Decorated Paper (DP)!

There are sooo many different techniques out there. I found a great source of ideas over in the resource section at Splitcoaststampers. That's where I found the technique I used: Crinkled Chalk. The only thing you need is Saran Wrap (or any brand of plastic wrap) and some chalk inks. I have a TON of ColorBox CatEyes Fluid Chalk so I used that. I used this technique to create grass (Moss Green, Fresh Green) on the lower half of my white cardstock and then the same technique for my sky (French Blue, Ice Blue). All you do is make a ball of the plastic wrap and daub it on the ink then dab it on your paper! Sort of like sponging, but much cooler!

Once I had this done, I stamped my flowers. That cute stamp is one of the wood ones I snagged at Michaels in the $1 Bin at my last visit. I love it! I inked it up with my SU markers (Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke) and then stamped it with various stem lengths. Then once it was stamped I lightly added some more color to the petals (Pale Plum)--then in the centers (More Mustard). I left the middle of the card free of flowers for my image.

Meme and her pet were colored with a mix of SU and BIC markers. Once that was done, I chose to cut them out and mount them with dimensionals. Because I wanted the paper to really stand out, I added minimal embellishments in the form of a simple ribbon and three tiny adhesive gems. I went over MeMe's wings with Stickles (Stardust), gave her pooch a Stickled collar (Lavender) and then very lightly added some more lavender Stickles to a few of the flowers.

The final touch was to add the rub-on "Cherished Friend" to the ribbon. I really like the way this card was pulled together and have JUST the friend in mind to be the recipient of it!

Please make sure you go see some more of MeMe by visiting the blogs of fellow DT members Lisa K, Tangii and Dawn B.

To be introduced to Teddy (one of our new junior fairies), you will need to visit Shaela and Tina's blogs--he's adorable and you will LOOOOVVVEE what they created for you!

If your dying to meet Donna (a new fairy perfect for Get Well Cards!) then you will want to check out what Mindy and Christi created for your viewing pleasure!

And if you want to see all three of these new members of the Beautiful Day Fairy family, then you can just check out our
main blog post for today! Every one of the PMS DT members has made their own decorated paper for today's projects (and as part of the Monday Challenge), so make sure and show everyone some love for their fabulous results!

If you are going to make your own paper for the challenge, make sure you use the keyword PMSMC22 when uploading to PaperCraftPlanet or Splitcoaststampers so we can see what you have done!

So tell me...what do you think of MeMe? Will she be finding a home at your house? I'd love to hear your thoughts on her!

Until tomorrow, chicas!

5 Words of Love:

Tina said...

So darned pretty. I'm gonna have to try that background, looks pretty cool.

Katie Cotton said...

very cute!

Kim said...

Lisa, hon, you did an awesome job with that background - wow! Gorgeous card.

Lisa (lakind) said...

Great bg, Lisa! And I love that you cut out the image...it really looks fab that way! Great card!

Attiq Ur Rehman said...

I like your card related work.Thanks for the posting and this is great way to learn it from you.Keep adding more and more card like this.
Discount Cards

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps