Monday, August 31, 2009

Inspired by Samantha

*This is my SECOND post*
Happy Monday! This is a big and busy week here on my farm. Not only am I busy studying for school, but I'm stamping my little fingers off getting everything ready for the Paper Makeup Stamps September 2009 Release Sneak Peaks (which kicks off TOMORROW!) and I have to get everything done IN ADVANCE because we are hitting the road with our camper on Friday for a nice Labor Day weekend camping trip! Oy! I bet you are tired just reading that!

But today, is just a "normal" (haha!) Monday, which means it's time for the Paper Makeup Stamps Monday Challenge! This week's challenge is SUPER fun! Stupendously talented Shaela is hosting it and she's got some Inspiration for us! Just go HERE and you will find picture after picture of sugar goodness for your viewing pleasure! Just pick one of those cakes and be inspired! The other DT members and I had a BLAST checking these out and picking our cakes! I ended up choosing the cake called "Samantha #709" (seen here on the left) as my inspiration.

This card is for a few other challenges besides this week's PMS Monday Challenge:

*IC195: Creative Wall Coverings
*Friday Sketchers #66

The cake which inspired today's card is a creation in black and white--each cake in the masterpiece had either black swirls, dots or stripes on a white frosting. Classic black and white. Totally ME! Splashes of color (pink and red) were added using flowers. So gorgeous! This worked perfectly with the OTHER inspiration challenge on Splitcoaststampers--IC195. We were to look through some wallpaper and find something--mine just happened to be MORE polka dots--white w/black dots, just like the cake! When I saw what this week's sketch was on Friday Sketchers, I was sooo happy! It's quirkyness just went perfect with this cake--I just turned the sketch on it's side for my use.

My card is mounted on a Basic Black (SU) base. I embossed my large white layer with the Birds & Vines EF, which gave me my desired swirls. I then brought in the dots and stripes with some fabulous patterened paper by The Paper Studio. My splash of red came from some ribbon I've been hoarding. It's not grosgrain, satin or twill--just a very shimmery deep red. Simple gorgeous in real life! Because I wanted a larger horizontal strip , I layered my ribbon--sandwhiching a piece of black satin ribbon in between two of the red. Then (because I needed some bling!) I used some adhesive gems. Instead of adding them individually, I just add pieces from one strip. So much easier and precise!

The sentiment is a fabulous piece of Digi Word Art by my friend and fellow PMS DT member Shaela. It can be purchased HERE on the PMS website for just $1.00! It's a must have for anyone as it's the perfect touch for a wedding or anniversary card!

Card Details
Stamps:
"Happily Ever After" digi (PMS)
Paper: CS-Basic Black (SU) and White (GP); DP-"White w/black dots" and "Black and White Simple Stripes" (Paper Studio)
Accessories & Tools: adhesive medium crystal gems, red ribbon, black satin ribbon, Cuttlebug w/Birds & Vines EF


Make sure you visit the Paper Makeup Stamps blog TOMORROW! Sneak Peak week for the September 2009 release starts and you don't want to miss ANY of the goodies the PMS DT has for your viewing pleasure! There will be sneaks all week gearing up for the Blog Hop and Release party on September 7th!

Don't miss it!

p.s. Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until September 3rd to Download it! You can find it HERE.

4 Words of Love:

Tina said...

This is so lovely! I heart polka dots!

Micki said...

OMGosh Lisa, I love it! I love B&W and the red is the perfect touch. It is soooooo elegant. Can I CASE it???? I just love it!!!!

Toothy said...

So pretty Lisa, I love the ribbon too, it is pretty.

Katie Cotton said...

this is so fun!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps