Friday, August 07, 2009

Hoppy PMS Release day!

Welcome to the next stop on the Paper Makeup Stamps Release Day Blog Hop! Are you excited about the release today? I think this month's rubber release is exceptionally great--especially since nearly all of last month's digi release is available in rubber form now too!

If you are just starting at my blog, you might want to go back to the beginning of this blog hop at the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog, not only to start to pick up the letters you need for your discount code, but to find out about the challenges for the release party tonight!! Yep, you get advanced notice this time--with the chance at a bonus prize!

Today I have a couple things to share with you! The first thing I have is another card using the new scripture stamp "Mark 10:27". You will noticed I used the same colors as yesterday, but today I used the sketch from this week's Sketch for You to Try (SFYTT).

I used my Nesties to cut and emboss a circle, then stamped my scripture. I went around the edge of the embossing with my Rose Red SU marker for a little bit extra color on the white. I added three flowers punched from SU Ridinghood Red cardstock and put a pearl Bella Bauble in each center. I debated adding more of those baubles on the card, but just decided to leave it alone. i think it looks great with just adding the white bow.

Card Details
Stamps: "Mark 10:27" (PMS); Inks: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Rose Red (SU Marker); Paper: CS-Ridinghood Red (SU), CS-White (GP), DP-"Fancy Double Flourish" (Paper Studio); Accessories and Tools: pearl Bella Baubles (
stampingbella), grosgrain ribbon, Nesties (peony), small daisy punch (Marvy)

Not only is today the big release for August for PMS, but it's also FREEBIE FRIDAY! We have another free digi available for your downloading pleasure! This beautiful piece of word art is called "I'll just be me" and I'm seriously in love with it.

This card follows the layout from this week's S2G Twisted Thursday challenge #20. I printed the quote out and then ran it through my Cuttlebug using my largest Peony circle. Just like the circle above, I traced the embossed edge with a SU marker (Elegant Eggplant). The paper is some that I picked up at Hobby Lobby (I have it in 8 different colors!). I added a nice sheer purple knot bow and then three adhesive gems at the bottom.

Card Details
Stamps:
"I'll just be Me" free digi (
PMS)
Paper: CS-Black (paper Studio), White (GP), and DP-"Purple w/black Dots" (Paper Studio)
Accessories and Tools: Cuttlebug, Nesties (Peony), adhesive gems, dimensionals, wide purple sheer ribbon

If you want this download for yourself, you can find it HERE. Remember, it's only available for one week so make sure you don't wait too long!

And now last but none the least...what you came all the way to my blog for in the first place (What?? You mean you really DID want to see what I created? Awe, I'm touched! LOL!) the next letter in your code is the Energetic Exciting Estatic letter:

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget that there is a mystery blog in the PMS blog hop today...so make sure you leave comments as you go, so you don't miss out on your chance to win a special prize!

Now head on over to the stunningly stupendous Shaela's blog and see what she's got for you today!

40 Words of Love:

StampinCathy said...

Beautiful and inspiring cards. I'm lovin all the sneak peeks of the new stamps. This is the way to start off your day with all this fabulous eye candy along this blog hop. Thanks

Mandi said...

What stunning cards Lisa. Great use of the word art and showing it off so well. Fantastic job! :)

Diane (djuseless) said...

Beautiful cards! I love the layout you used on both of them!

Kim said...

Oh Lisa, those are both so gorgeous!!!!

Heather said...

Both of these are just absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

Katie Cotton said...

these are fantastic!!!!!!!

Meli Mitchell said...

Whenever I see those unique peonies - I always think of beautiful YOU and your gorgeous CARDS. They are **so you**. :o)

MsJay said...

These are beautiful cards.

KarenB said...

Your cards are stunning, and I love your choice of scripture.

KarenB said...

Your cards are stunning, and I love your choice of scripture.

artfulwhimsies said...

the colors are soo pretty!

Lorie said...

Both of your cards are just beautiful! I love making cards that have a sentiment as the main image. :o)

Shaela said...

gorgeous cards, Lisa :)

Jenny said...

I love both of these cards!! Very striking!! :)
Jenny

Christi said...

Girl, you are KILLING me with that Nestie! I think I HAVE to have it now!! GORGEOUS cards!! Wow!!

silvia said...

Lisa~ fabulous cards!!! I also think that i NEED that nestie!!

Wendy said...

Beautiful cards. I like the layouts.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous! Love the verse. Thanks for playing the Twisted Thursday challenge with us! Hope to see you again next week.

Cassie said...

sooo pretty lisa! i love that first one b/c of the verse!!

Callie said...

Beautiful cards as always girl! So much fun!! Thanks for sharing. Off to keep on hoppin!

Cody said...

Love the cards, Lisa and the dancing letter is way too cute! ~trish~

fifib said...

Fabby cards, love the word art.
Fiona x

Jodi said...

Lisa these are both beautiful cards! I love how you draw around the border of the embossing on the nestie shapes to add the color ~ awesome idea (that I just may have to borrow once I get some more nesties).

jan farnworth said...

great card. great job showing off the stamp.

Stampin_melissa said...

Both your cards are so wonderful and gorgeous! Thanks for the opportunity to win!

melissa.banian@gmail.com

MommaJess said...

Miss Lisa as always you create the most beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing them with us

Alex said...

Both cards are wonderful. I really like how well you highlight the quotes!

Lisa (lakind) said...

Beautiful cards, Lisa!

Toothy said...

Just beautiful, I love that paper on the first card and how everything matches.

Verda said...

Beautiful card and nicely done.

Tami said...

Both of these cards are GORGEOUS!

Debbie said...

Such beautiful cards! I love this sentiment! The purple and black is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing with us over at shirleys2girls Twisted Thursday Challenge. I hope to see you play with us again next week!

FibreJunky said...

How pretty! I really love that little touch of colour around the embossed edges.

Carisa said...

beautiful - i just love your style with the sentiment as your main image. makes for some really simple & elegant cards.

Jenny said...

Love it!

Thebug415 said...

Great cards. Thanks for sharing!

Chrisd said...

Beautiful card and lovely blog and fun music too!

Karolyn Loncon said...

Ca-YUTE! Both cards are absolutely adorable!! I'm probably partial to the S2G Twisted Thursday submission, though. Love how you interpreted the sketch!! Thanks so much for playing!

the girls said...

I'll double that Ca-UTE from above...you did a great job! thanks for playing with S2G...DEIDRE

Justine said...

O I just love your beautiful card, what a great job you did. Thank you for playing with us and good luck.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps