Saturday, August 01, 2009

Hoppy Anni-VERVE-sary!

Welcome to the first ever official Anni-VERVE-sary Blog Hop. Verve turns two today and we’re celebrating with a hop, hop, hop! The party kicked off over on the Verve blog, so if you’ve just happened along, be sure to hop on over there to start from the beginning! If you got here from Deb's Blog, then you have come to the right place!

My card for today's hop is also my entry for the August Viva la Verve Challenge #1 (VLVAUG01). The challenge this week was to CASE one of the fabulous Verve Design Team Divas--

with a TWIST:

*If the Diva used Patterned Paper...YOU can't!

What an honor to go through all of those fabulous projects! Those ladies have serious creative chops! I looked at many pictures but there was one that caught my eye. It was the card named "May Hope Sustain You" by Jackie Pedro. You can see her card HERE. You can see that her card used two pieces of patterned paper, so I was going to have to do something different.

My card uses the same color theme, layout (SC236), leafy branch stamp and score lines but I've changed several things in my CASE.

1. I used a different quote from the "Forever in our Hearts" set by Verve.
2. I used a beautiful piece of thread lace instead of a white ribbon.
3. I used two gems instead of two brads.
4. I used embossed cardstock instead of patterned paper.


My embossed paper was made by running the olive cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the Leafy Branch folder. I ran my charcoal cardstock through in the Swiss Dots folder, but then lightly sanded it to allow the white core to show through. I love this look and will definitely use it again.

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Stamps: "
Forever in our Hearts" (Verve); Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance), Olive and Moss Green (Colorbox Cateyes); Paper: CS-Grey w/white cord (Paper Studio), CS-Olive (Paper Studio), CS-White (Georgia Pacific); Accessories & Tools: lace, crystal adhesive games, dimensionals, embossing folders (Swiss Dots & Leafy Branch)

There is one last thing you should know--Verve decided to make this a real party! One of the blogs in the hop is a LUCKY blog and someone who comments on that blog will win the entire months release!!!

But it's a mystery blog--so make sure you leave me some love just in case it's MINE!

Thanks for stopping by! Now it’s time to hop on over to The Fantabulous Charlene's Blog, for a little more Verve-y goodness.

ETA: The blog originally scheduled to be after me doesn't have anything up--so skip on over to Maria's Fabulous Blog to continue your hop!



ps. Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 6th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

159 Words of Love:

Christi said...

What a gorgeous CASE girl! Wow!!! I did the CASE but completely forgot about the twist-thank goodness my girl didn't use any dp! LOL

Jacklyn-Jessa said...

Very pretty card. I like the subtle colors you used, great for a sympathy card.

mustangsarah said...

Very very pretty.
I love your work.

Kim said...

Lisa, that is so beautiful! I need to find some of that lace you do amazing things with it!

Jackie Pedro said...

You CASED my card!! And what a beautiful job you did!! I LOVE the lace, the embossed cardstock...everything is so beautiful!!!

Tarjteachr said...

Beautiful and so elegant!

Scrappy said...

Simply Beautiful!Thanks for sharing!

Bogner's said...

I think i commented on SCS too, but in case I didn't... YOU DID A GREAT GREAT GREAT job with the case and I love your switch on the ribbon. Yours is very cool! What a simply beautiful card!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

GORGEOUS card!!! Jackie's card was amazing...and you did it justice! LOVE it!!!!

Renée said...

oooh, what a gorgeous card! love the piercing along the stem and that gorgeous trim!

Susan aka "Crunchy" said...

Beautiful card!!

Jackie said...

That is one gorgeous card! I love the colors and the layout. The lace adds the perfect touch.

Megan said...

GORGEOUS!! My favorite card yet! Just lovely, love all the layers.

Nan said...

Understated elegance. What a lovely sympathy card. Way to incorporate lace!
Thank you for sharing.
All good wishes,
Nancy

Maria Gurnsey said...

WOW, I love the layout and the colors of this card :)

Melissa Cash said...

What a beauty! Simply elegant!

Anne said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card and case!! Love your work!

Dani said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is beautiful, Lisa!!

Kate Stockman said...

Your card is beautiful. I just love it!
Kate

Kristina said...

Oh wow. Your card is absolutely stunning! I love that lace accent across the bottom and the two jewels at the top. The perfect embellies for this card!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

very pretty card, I luv it!

enjoy *~*

Marcy said...

Great card idea. It is so elegant!

StampinCathy said...

Fabulous card and so inspiring.

Terri E. said...

This is so neat! I really like your colors and fun lace as well.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Whimsey said...

Beautiful - I love the colors!!

Heidi Kimmerly said...

WOW! Fabulous card!

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

Wow. This is so elegant. Definitely a fave of the hop for me!

Alyssa said...

Wow! This is gorgeous and absolutely amazing!!

Emily said...

Beautiful sympathy card! I love your use of the CB folders on this card. That leafy branch one is perfect with your image! I just may have to case this case:)))

Kathy W said...

I really like how you used the CB embossing folders to compliment the main image. Very pretty.

Lynn said...

very pretty card!

Tricia said...

This is just beautiful!!!! TFS!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Doris Snyder said...

stunning card, love all the detail

Marion said...

This is a simply beautiful card. Marion

-heather said...

Lovely details. You rock!

Beverly aka beestamper said...

The is such an elegant sympathy.. unfortunately, I find the older I get the more of these I need...

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

LOVE this!!! SO super elegant...the perfect sympathy card.

AHadley said...

This is beautiful, I love how you sanded the dots!

Makiko Jones said...

This is so pretty!! Beautiful colors, too!!

Janine said...

Love your card

Candy said...

A beautiful sympathy card. Love the lace!

crazy4scrappin said...

A super great card...I love the lace ribbon you used...it gave it that perfect touch of elegance.

Janelle said...

Nice CASE. That color combo is a great one!

Holly said...

So gorgeous!!

Rosie said...

You did a very nice jot, really like it.

Bethany Paull said...

This is so elegant and beautiful! I need to remember this great color combo.

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh this is gorgeous - great colors together!

Lynne said...

Very pretty!

Tanya said...

So elegant, very pretty.

Linda w said...

Beautiful card Lisa. Love the colors.

thanks much

Jennifer said...

Wonderful card! It's sooo beautiful!

Martha said...

You use texture so beautifully! Your card is gorgeous.

Desiree said...

Verve Stamps are fairly new to me and I love them. I'm always excited to see something new created with them.

Thanks for sharing.

Becky Carafa said...

This is gorgeous, love that lacy ribbon!

Michelle said...

I really love these colors together. It's a beautiful card.

Sue D said...

Very beautiful sympathy card!

Tanja said...

okay, new fav colour combo! (and I happen to have all the colours :)Lucky me!!) Beautiful.

Ravengirl said...

Your CASE turned out fabulous! Love it!

JenMarie said...

So very BEAUTIFUL! Love that lace!

jennifer mitten said...

Beautiful sympathy card - it's so hard to find the right balance for such a delicate sentiment but you got it just right.

Lynda Benden said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! I love the beautiful lace you used and pretty colors!

Shelly said...

I Love the use of texture and the subtlety of the card!!!! Beautiful!

Shelly :)
Manitoba, Canada

Tami said...

This is Gorgeous!

Colleen said...

Beautiful card!

Gloria said...

gorgeous

Beth S said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Carrie said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! This is so pretty. I love everything about it!

Georgia said...

Nice card!

JPScraps said...

Beautiful card. Love your color choices.

itsabrt said...

Lovely card! BR-T

Jess said...

WONDERFUL layout!!! I love this card!

Cheri Howard said...

Beautiful card! I love the lace and sanding on the swiss dots embossing!

Lil' Inker said...

now this is a really good card! I'm impressed!!

KanataNewf said...

Love this - so elegant.

Karen said...

BEAUTIFUL - LOVE your card! Thanks for sharing

dotygirl said...

Great card, very nice and very good layout, I love this card. Thanks for sharing it.

Kerri said...

Totally gorgeous!!! Fabulous CASE : )

Chrisd said...

What a lovely job on your Verve project. Love those Cuttlebug folders too.

Jackie said...

What a great card! I just love what you did!

Toothy said...

Beautiful card Lisa and I love your new blog background.

lbcrafts said...

WOW!!!! Beautiful card...love the color combo and stamps used!! The lacy border is gorgeous!!
Louise

Kat Gomez.. said...

love the lace.. very cute.. tfs.. tu amiga Kat..

Enchanting Stamping said...

This is stunning! Beautiful work!

Randi said...

very nice! I love it.

Nancy said...

Very elegant. Love all the detail.

xrciznuts said...

WOW! So Elegant! Nice color combination! I love the thread lace instead of ribbon. Nicely executed! :)
Kim Smith

Donna Baker said...

gorgeous!

addicted said...

Great work

Stampin_melissa said...

Such a lovely card, love it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So beautiful and classy! Thanks so much for playing along in the hop, Lisa! :)

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful! I especially love that ribbon! You did a great job improvising for that challenge!

Paula said...

I just love your card. So very delicate looking. It makes you want to come back for more. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah-Jane Kale' said...

Lovely card.

Laurie in MN said...

You made a beautiful card. Thank you.

Happy Verve Day.

Maggie said...

Very beautiful card.

Jodi said...

Lisa, this card is gorgeous and I love the layout. I wish I had more white core paper, because I really like the look of sanding the embossed paper and having the white show.

Lynne in NI said...

Wow...what a stunner!

Meda said...

I love the lace on this card!

scrappysue said...

you photographed yours outdoors too! love it!

Katie Cotton said...

fantastic card hun!

Laura :) said...

I love your card! Such a beautiful CASE!

Our Little Inspirations said...

This is a STUNNING card in every sense of the word! Absolutely beautiful!!

STAMPING SAM said...

Love the color and sympathy combo.

scrappingnana said...

Very stunning card. I love everything about it.

sanadon said...

This is a nice card. Sympathy cards are so hard to do. Thank you for sharing.
Sylvia

Erika M. said...

Fabulous card!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful elegant card and a beautiful colour combo too!

Banu said...

Very nice :)

Creative Mish said...

What a beautiful card! I love the lace

annesatx said...

Nice CASEing -- you definitely made it your own. Love your little details, such as the lace and the embossed cardstock. Beautiful card. Thanks.

Lenoria said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love all your details.

Chandra Hough said...

Lovely card!

Pat S. said...

Gorgeous colors! Love that lace, too!

silvia said...

lovely card

frogers said...

Love your card.
Faye

Susan said...

Beautiful card! Unfortunately, I have to make some sympathy cards and I appreciate the insiration.

lorene said...

great card. I alwyas have a hard time with sympathy cards. this one is beautiful! thank you....

Lorene H

mitch47 said...

Such a soothing and inspiring card. Thanks for sharing with us!

Steph K (booga3) said...

Beautiful!

Tanya said...

Very beautiful.

Cazzy said...

That is a gorgeous card!

Cazzy x

Carolina said...

Stunning card!

Nena said...

Inspiring card; uplifting for the
situation but not overdone. Thank
you so much for sharing~~~love the
outdoor photo:-)

Val said...

Very elegant. Thanks for the great ideas!

Teri said...

Wow - what soothing colors! Thanks for sharing!

Lost in Paper said...

so beautiful!! very nicely done.

Patti Jo said...

Love this card! Well done!!!

2Bis2DO said...

Very Nice card. pretty colors

Grace said...

Oh this is sooo pretty! Love the lace and your photography is great too!

Tina said...

Very beautiful card! TFS.

Chris said...

nice card, and i really like your bog. very creative.

Helen F. said...

So elegantly beautiful. Love the calming colors you used.

SMK said...

oooh love the card! the colors are perfect and the lace is a fantastic element :)

Angel said...

beautiful card, love the colors and details!

Moosisk said...

Lovely sympathy card. Thanks for sharing.

Kelli said...

Sympathy cards are SO hard to do, but this one is gorgeous!!!!

CraftinGranny said...

Peaceful card. Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

WHat a beautiful card. THe layers, the textures, the colors .... WOW! It's the whole package! I will definitely have to remember this one the next time I need to make a card.
Thanks for sharing!

Shabby Shaz said...

A beautifully peaceful card for that caring moment. Lovely!

Stampin' Pam said...

What a beautiful and peaceful card for a sad occasion. It's truly the right feel for a sympathy card and I love the lace on it.

SeaStar Creations said...

beautiful colors and love the ribbon :) great card for a sad occasion! love it! thanks for sharing

Joann said...

Amazing card!

Heather B said...

Love your card. What details!!

Chris Simon said...

Beautiful card! Sympathy cards are so hard to get right, but you've nailed it.

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW!! This is such a beauty! Awesome CASE!

Raquel said...

Great card!! Love the color combo

txbluiz said...

what a beautiful card! I love the details!

annheidel said...

Gorgeous card - the lace is a nice touch!

Tamara Putvin said...

I love the card... The color combo and lace are so pretty..

Wishing you blessings,

Tami

Lori said...

So very pretty!

Maureen said...

fabulous as always! Love the different panels and sentiment :)

Gary and Evalee said...

wonderful. So fun. I just found you and verve stamps. It's so awesome.

pammy jo said...

this is a beautiful card - i especially like the lace :)

Maureen said...

So pretty - love the lace!

Marsha said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and that lace is wonderful. Nice layout.

Linda S. said...

I never would have thought of this color combo...I love it! Thanks!

Deborah said...

Beautiful!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps