Thursday, August 13, 2009

Friendly Flowers for Mom

Is it Friday yet? Seriously this week is flying by and I've got so much still to do before it's over! You should see my calendar for this month! Something written on every single day! I'm sure many of you have the same thing going for you--good thing we have crafting to get us through, huh?

My card for you today is a birthday card I made for my mom. Her birthday is on Sunday and I love making her cards. She's getting bit by the stamping bug herself so she likes to see what I come up with and whenever she visits (which is maybe once a YEAR!) she likes to take over my crafting table and play with all my goodies! So know what I bought her for her birthday? A gift certificate to my second favorite stamping company Verve! (Sorry, Katie! LOL!) She was so excited and can't wait to spend some time looking around. When she was here in June, one of my first SU orders came in with Ridinghood Red and Pink Pirouette. She fell in love with the Pink Pirouette but wasn't sure of my love of mixing it with Old Olive. So, I'm showing her in my card how well those two colors go together!

I've used this week's SCS sketch challenge (SC241) for my layout. The card features a new set by Paper Makeup Stamps called "Friendly Flowers". I used one of the floral vines on the outside and the other on the inside. This is a fabulous set because those vines are so versatile! I ran both my panels through my Cuttlebug--one with "Leafty Branch" and the other with "Swiss Dots". Don't you love the look of lace on a card? I love this thread lace design and I think using the pearl Bella Baubles instead of gems was just the right touch! And of course I dabbled a bit of Stickles (using Stardust) on the flower for a smidge of bling. The inside of my card is just more layers of the paper--and the "Happy Birthday" is something I typed up on my computer.

Card Details
Stamps:
Friendly Flowers (PMS)
Ink: SU Markers: Old Olive and Regal Rose
Paper: CS-Old Olive and Pink Pirouette (SU) and White (GP)
Accessories & Tools: Cuttlebug, "Leafy Branch" and "Swiss Dots" folders, Stickles, pearl baubles (stampingbella), thread lace, dimensionals



Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 13th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

2 Words of Love:

Toothy said...

Oh Lisa, very pretty. I see you are enjoying your new cb a lot.

Meli Mitchell said...

Lisa girl - I saw this card on the PMS group and I just SO love it. This is so elegant and beautiful. You did a wonderful job.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps