Monday, August 24, 2009

Dinos getting sketchy!

*This is my SECOND POST for today*
Happy Monday! Can you believe it's already almost the end of August? Summer is rapidly fleeting and fall is approaching faster then I want! Don't get me wrong. I ADORE fall. Probably one of my most favorite seasons--especially here in Kentucky where the leaves turn GORGEOUS colors! But the year is too close to being over and I don't even want to start THINKING about 2010! LOL!

So let's just get back to good ol' Monday! Today is another challenge on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! This week's sketch is brought to us by the fabulously talented Mindy! Mindy's challenge is a sketch! You can make some changes to the shapes, but as long as you keep the basic elements the same you are okay! If you upload your challenge to Splitcoaststampers, make sure you use the tags "Paper Makeup Stamps" and "PMSMC25". And if you want to get entered into our PMS Design-your-own-fairy contest, add the extra tag "pmsgallerychal" to your photo too! For more info about that contest, click HERE!

My DT sample for you today got me inking up some stamps that really don't get enough attention! I pulled out my faithful old Bronto dino (made for PMS by Dustin Pike!) and matched him with this fabulous sentiment. I stamped Bronto twice--once on the patterned paper and again on white. I then cut out only the eyes from the white and adhered them to the patterned paper Bronto. He's mounted on a piece of white cardstock cut with my Peony Nesties. Before I attached Bronto I went over the white with coordinating colors of chalk dabbing it here and there then rubbing over it gently with my finger. I think it made it look kinda cool. I opted to use wonky sloppy stitches in the place of the flowers on the sketch. I used another one of the dino themed stamp sets on the inside of the card too. I stamped the skull from the dino skeleton in the Dino Essentials set in the corner of my white message layer. I think it ties everything in together quite nicely!

This card is also my entry for this week's Limited Supplies Challenge (LSC234). The instructions were to make a card for a Male~Teenage/Adult...but we couldn't use flowers, ribbons or bling. I think this card satisfies that...don't you?

Card Details
Stamps: Bronto, "Have a roaring good day" and Dino Essentials (PMS)
Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-Orange and Red (Paper Studio), White (GP); DP-Stripes and Dots from a $1 birthday pack
Accessories & Tools: brads, spicca pen, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots EF, Peony Nesties, dimensionals

I hope you play along with us! Remember, you don't have to use any PMS stamps...we just want you to play with us!



Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 27th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

5 Words of Love:

Tina said...

This is just the cutest!

Sprytebyrd said...

Awesome card, I really love what you've done with the stitching!! Ummm... that's quite a sketch! I'll have to see if I can find some time to get that one done... maybe during naptime today!
Hugs, Dee

Sanwanya said...

I love that dino and how you stitch him and the whole card is great!I really need to get me some nesties!Have a great monday afternoon!

Kim said...

Lisa, that is so darn cute, girl!

Christi said...

This is too stinkin' cute!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps