Friday, August 28, 2009

Confucius say Freebie Friday ROCKS!

Happy Friday! It's another gorgeous late summer day and I'm enjoying time with my family! Because today is Friday, you should know by now that you can snag yourself a free digi! Where you ask? What??? You've already forgotten that Paper Makeup Stamps generously gives away a free Word Art Digi every Friday? Shame on you! LOL!

My card for you today demos the Freebie available for your downloading pleasure! I've combined this freebie (called Confucius) with Ashlie, the snail fairy, also by Paper Makeup Stamps. She just seemed to go perfectly! To make her background, I just made a mask and then stamped all around it. One thing I've learned about masks of images--make sure you cut a bit extra around the edge this way you can still highlight your image with shadow if you need to.

I dabbled a bit of Stickles on her wings (Stardust) and then swirls on the snails shell. You can also see the stamped flower I added. This is one of the floral vines from the Friendly Flowers set (also PMS). I really wanted to put my quote there, but didn't like it being sideways. In fact I'm still not sure about the location of my quote. I might move it to the inside of the card, and just leave the lace. Hmmm...

This card was made not only to demo the Free Digi from PMS but also for two challenges:
For the Colors: Color Throwdown #57
For the Layout: The Fresh Batch #30 (SASSC30)

Card Details
Stamps:
Ashlie, Friendly Flowers and Confucius Free digi (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Ice Blue, French Blue, Moss Green and Fresh Green (Colorbox Fluid Chalk)
Coloring: SU Markers (Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Creamy Caramel), Copic (E00, R20), BIC (Tiki Hut Tan), Prismacolor (Cool Grey 30%)
Paper: CS-Sage Green (paper Studio), White (GP) and DP-"Soft Tints Pink Gingham" (Paper Pizazz)
Accessories & Tools: dimensionals, Stickles, white lace


If you are interested in snagging that PMS Freebie for yourself, you just need to go to the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog today to find it!

Have a fabulous Friday--and check back here tomorrow for some excitng news!

13 Words of Love:

Christi said...

This is wonderful girl!! Wow!!!

Barbara said...

Totally sweet, Lisa!!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Jennifer said...

That is such an adorable card. I really love that stamp, so sweet. You did a great job on using the sketch. Thank you for playing with Stamps and Smiles this week.

Jennifer SASSC DT

Karen Wilson said...

Hi there! I came across your blog from The Fresh Batch Challenge. Great job with the sketch and that image is adorable!!

Toothy said...

Haha, this sentiment could have totally been talking about my 8 years in college before I finally graduated. haha Love the card.

Heather said...

how sweet is this. Lovely card ~ the colors are so soft and the lace adds so much! This is one of my favorites!

Cathy Indelicato said...

How cute!! Thanks for playing!

lesleyworth said...

so pretty! the colors are so soft and elegant!

Dawn Mercedes said...

haha...I love that post title!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Lisa :) What a totally adorable card and layout. I LOVE the precious image and sweet design!!

Thanks for stopping by and playing along with Stamps and Smiles! Hugs, Jennifer :)

Mrs B said...

Oh, such a sweet card!!! I love the little girl image!!! thanks for playing along with us at Stamps and Smiles!
CindyB

Rose said...

fantastic card! love your coloring and the sentiment :) thanks for joining us on SAS this week!
Rose-guest designer

sorry to see that you lost stubby after having him such a short time :(

stamprgrl said...

lisa,
this is gorgeous love the color scheme you used! that little girl is adorable.

Thanks for playing with us at Stamps and Smiles! Remember that this week's sketch is up!

-- dalis

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps