Monday, August 24, 2009

CCC Winners and a New Challenge!

*This is my First Post for today*
Are you ready to see if you are a winner from last week's CCC Birthday blog hop? Using random.org I am ready to announce my winners from the people who left me comments on my blog hop--remember, if you didn't play with the challenge this week, you were disqualified from winning...

Let's see who our lucky winners are!

Winner #1

Here are your random numbers:
59
Timestamp: 2009-08-22 19:11:31 UTC

And who was commenter #59? Ali~ Dragonlady!

Dragonlady said...
This is a really gorgeous card. Such generous candy too. Thanks
Ali x

Winner #2

Here are your random numbers:
67
Timestamp: 2009-08-22 19:11:49 UTC

Who was commenter #67? This lucky lady was Renata!
Renata said...
How I love your cards! Hope you'll visit my blog too!
http://renata-mijnscrapkaartjes.blogspot.com/


Huge congratulations ladies! I need both of you to send me an email to melissasmelodies@yahoo.com letting me know which of THESE digi fairies you would like!

A big thanks to everyone who participated in the CCC birthday celebration! We had a record number of participants and a delightful number of blog hop commenters! Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on my own blog. I wish I could have given you ALL a prize!

Now for this week's challenge for Cupcake Craft Challenges. It's very simple--make a shaped card! It can be any shape as long as it isn't a basic square/rectangle! Easy enough, huh? And if you participate with us this week, you have a chance at winning a prize from our fabulous sponsor this week: Ildi Company! They are going to give one lucky winner 5 FREE DIGIS from their store!

My card for you uses the Spring Card tutorial. This card features the stamp set Friendly Flowers by Paper Makeup Stamps. I used one of the floral vines for the main image and then one of the quotes for my sentiment. I decided to keep the colors basic black and white with a bit of pink. It's really hard to see how pretty this card truly is. But that's what happens when the sun isn't shining and I have to rely on indoor lighting...ugh...I went around the pink border of the image with stickles and then dabbed a bit more on the flower itself. There are three pink gems on each corner of the base. I like this style of card because it can stand up so nicely on it's own. If you haven't made the Spring Card yet, you should try it because it's a very easy tutorial to follow and the result is quite nice!

Card Details
Stamps:
Friendly Flowers (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Pink (Stampabilities)
Paper: CS-Basic Black (SU), White (GP) and Pink (Paper Studio); DP-Black and white floral (Paper Studio)
Accessories & Tools: adhesive gems, Stickles (Stardust), dimensionals


Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 27th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

2 Words of Love:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lisa

Have emailed you with my choice. It was a great hop and I enjoyed makiing my card.

Ali x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what a stunning card. I love the shape and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Great image too. Hugs, Denise x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps