Monday, August 10, 2009

CCC-A Sketchy Brown and Blue

*this is my FIRST post for today*
I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Ours was hot, but very nice. It's like we suddenly FINALLY got the summer weather we were supposed to have back in June and July! LOL! Thankfully we have a very nice swimming pool to relax in...as well as the wonderful invention called AIR CONDITIONING!! But let's get on with this post.

It's another Monday Challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenges--this one is a sketch AND a color challenge brought to you by CCC DT member Tammy! Tammy would like for everyone to use the color combination on the sketch as well as the sketch itself. Don't freak out about all the brown like I did. Just make sure some of each color is on your card and you will be fine! And remember, that the oval doesn't have to be oval...Looking at my fellow DT members cards really helped me with mine. I was seriously freaking out for some silly reason! LOL!
This card was the card that almost didn't. For some reason this sketch and these colors just weren't working for me, but I persevered and while I'm not madly in love with my card, we are at peace with each other! LOL! I used the large bird image (inked in Chocolate Chip) from the Nature's Song set by Paper Makeup Stamps. The quote is also part of that set...a set that I'm trying to ink up more often. See those swirlies behind the bird? I masked the bird then used the Swirlie Tree stamp also by PMS inked in Creamy Carmel. I kind of like the way it looks...I might have to try that trick again sometime.

Card Details
Stamps:
Nature's Song and Swirlie Tree (PMS)
Ink: SU markers-Creamy Carmel, Chocolate Chip and Brocade Blue
Paper: CS-Chocolate Chip (SU), Mocha (Paper Studio), White (GP) and DP-from stash
Accessories and Tools: sheer dusty blue ribbon, brads, zigzag border punch (MarthaStewart), dimensionals, scallop oval from stash


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will go check out what the other CCC DT members came up with for this challenge...and remember, next week is our BIG CUPCAKE CRAFT CHALLENGES BLOG ANNIVERSARY! We are going to be having TONS of prizes...and I do not mean that lightly! And a fun blog hop with prizes...just a party! It's going to be a blast!



Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 13th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

3 Words of Love:

Stephanie said...

great job on the challenge this week, love your cute card... PS love your music!

Toothy said...

I love this card, and the image.

Donna said...

Beautiful card Lisa, fab papers and a super image :) Donna x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps