Monday, August 03, 2009

CCC- Life's a Beach!

*This is my FIRST post for today*
It's another Monday challenge over on Cupcake Craft Challenges--with another fabulous sponsor! This week's challenge is being sponsored by Yellow Bird Company. Yellow Bird Company will be offering one randomly drawn participant a free digi from their website! This week's challenge #51 is brought to us by the fabulous Sandy Brown. Sandy's chosen a theme for everyone to use this week: Beach!

My DT card for you today is completely stampless! I have a fairly large collection of rub-ons that I always forget I have! I dug through them this past week and found a great Beach Themed pack full of bright colored beachy images and words. I think I found it a couple summers ago at my local Big Lots store. They always have at least one package of very cool rub-ons in their scrapbook section! I pulled out my instructions for my two fold card and created this bright little gem!

I made a collage of sorts for the front flap using various words and sentiments from the set and added in a couple cute little images. While my flap was closed, I went ahead and added the shells and flowers on the edge of the second flap--but first I ran that bit of cardstock through my Cuttlebug using "Swiss Dots" to give it a bit of ummmph.


The second flap when revealed shows not only the shells and flowers on the side but a nice comfy beach chair--just waiting for someone to come and take a rest in it! With both of the flaps closed I added the cute little fish swimming at the top of the card. It was actually part of a long rub-on that I had to cut to fit this page, but I really liked the way it worked up on the top of the card.

When the second flap is lifted, the inside of the card is shown. I left most of the inside blank to allow for writing, but did add the cute little bucket and starfish in the corner. This card is very whimsical and bright, but I'm sure someone will enjoy finding it in their mailbox!

Make sure that you check out the other cute beach themed projects the CCC DT came up with by checking the main CCC blog post for today's challenge--and make sure you check out Sandy's blog and give her some love for coming up with a great challenge!

Before you leave my blog, make sure you check out my second post for today! Today is the first day for the Paper Makeup Stamps August Release Sneak Peaks from the DT members and I have a great one to share with you!



ps. Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 6th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

3 Words of Love:

Toothy said...

Cute. This is another style of card I have never made but always wanted too. I got your beautiful card in the mail with the stamps. Thank You so much. What kind of fold was the card you sent me, is that what they call a joy fold card? I haven't tried one of those either.

Donna said...

Fantastic card Lisa, so bright and summery and a fantastic design too :) Donna x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what a stunning card. The way it folds is awesome and the colour scheme is so bright and zingy. Great images too. Hugs, Denise x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps