Sunday, August 09, 2009

A CASE and a Season


Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! Our weekend is finally HOT like it was supposed to be LAST MONTH! LOL! Today it's going to be nearly 100 degrees and super humid! Don't like that part...but at least we have AC and a pool!

My card today is for two challenges:

1. Paper Makeup Stamps August Release Party Challenge #2 (PMSRP13): A CASEing of another PMS stamper

2. Paper Take Weekly: This week's Challenge of making a card in the colors of a season

I chose THIS CARD by Melissa (stampin_melissa) to CASE. I loved it's simplicity and it used on of my favorite pieces of WORD ART digi stamp "Like Branches" by PMS. For my card, I kept the layout and the quote the same, but changed the color theme to a Fallish combination thus meeting the requirements for this week's PTW challenge of Seasons. I stamped my red cardstock with the Swirlie Tree (another PMS stamp) using Galaxy Gold ink (Brilliance Metallics). I just love the swirls! I opted to go with my Threading Water border punch for my scallops and then traced the edges of them with my Gold Spicca pen. I had this delightful little gold leaf in my stash and thought it would be perfect for this card--in place of the little filigree brad that Melissa used on hers.

Card Details
Stamps: Swirlie Tree and "Like Branches" digi (PMS)
Inks: Galaxy Gold (Brilliance Metallics)
Paper: CS-Chocolate chip (SU), Red and Orange (Paper Studio); DP-"Fall Plaid" (Paper Studio)
Accessories and Tools: dimensionals, Threading Water border punch (Fiskars), gold Spicca pen, gold leaf embellishment


You still have time to make your entry for this challenge!

Just go to the PMS gallery on Splitcoast stampers--find a card you want to CASE--Case it (ie, change at least two things), then upload your own version on SCS using the keywords/tags "PMS" and "PMSRP13". If you do that by Thursday August 13th, you will be entered to win a Great Prize from Paper makeup Stamps!

Not only will this enter you into the Release Party Challenge Contest...but you'll also be on your way to winning a FABULOUS new contest being offered by Paper Makeup Stamps...and I do mean that...it's got a fabulous prize attached to it (hint: a personalized fairy?)...Just go to the PMS Blog for more details!


Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 13th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

2 Words of Love:

Christi said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! I LOVE that color combo! I think I might have to try that out myself! :)

Dawny P said...

This is just gorgeous - I love the colours you used :) A fabulous card chick. Thank you for joining us over at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxxx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps