Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A bit of Birthday Bella

It's Tuesday and I'm in school for Day 2 of my classes. I'm hoping today proves to be as fabulous as Day #1 was! The weather is gorgeous and sooo fallish that it's driving me crazy! I'm in the process of finishing four cards, but didn't have one completed in time to take pics and get it posted, so I'm going to post a card that I made on Sunday.

This card was made for my SIL's 25th birthday. She loves teal so I knew she'd love this paper. I went with Partygirlabella, possibly one of my most favorite Bellas of them all! She's just so much fun! I also chose her because she is holding a cupcake and I made my SIL a big batch of chocolate cupcakes instead of a traditional birthday cake this year. They were delicious!

But let's not get sidetracked from the card...I colored my image with a mix of BIC, SU, Prismacolor and Copic markers then went over the heart ballons with my most favorite Stickles color (Sequins!) and then dabbled a little Stickles (Lavender this time) on the cupcake frosting and the party hat. I pulled out my new Aqua Stickles to go around the sentiment. I actually did one more thing before giving it to her, but did it AFTER I had taken this picture...I added two aqua gems to the top corner of the image. It gave it the last bit it needed to call it {DONE}! So much fun and so many bright colors! MY SIL loved her card and commented on the teal, so I know I done good! I gave myself a "big thumbs up" as my son would say.

Oh and that faux stitching is part of the paper design. I didn't do it. I could never make mine that perfect! LOL!

Card Details
Stamps:
Partygirlabella, "Put your Party Hat On" (stampingbella)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Pink Passion SU Marker
Coloring: BIC, SU, Copic (E00), and Prismacolor markers
Paper: CS-Teal (Bazzill), Razzleberry (SU), Orange (Paper Studio), White (GP); DP-"Happy-go-Lucky Stripes" and "Happy-go-Lucky Blocks" (Paper Studio)
Accessories & Tools: gems, ribbon, Stickles (listed above)


Oh and here is my SIL with the cupcakes I made for her



Thought for the day:
"Put 'eat chocolate' at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at
least you'll get one thing done." ~Author Unknown


Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until August 27th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

3 Words of Love:

Anita Hovey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita Hovey said...

Lovely card Lisa!

Toothy said...

Haha, that is funny, cause I was wondering if you did the stitching or not. I love how you colored the image and that paper. Yummy looking cupcakes too!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps