Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Sweet Sketch

Happy Tuesday!

My card today is my entry for this week's sketch challenge (SSS12) over at The Sweet Stop. I fell in love with this patterned paper when I started using it yesterday and had to find another reason to use it today! I just love the bright combination of hot pink and turquoise blue, don't you?

I used one of the new Word Art Digis released last week by Paper Makeup Stamps as my focal point. I cut it out using my BRAND NEW and super cool Peony Nesties (also available at PMS), then layered it with some turquoise cardstock. I ran the turquoise through my CB using my "Swiss Dots" folder after cutting it out with my Nesties. (boy, I sure like saying that! Gotta love new toys! LOL!)

I went around the edge of the white layer using my Pink Passion SU marker and then Stickles (Stardust). The main words of the sentiment have been outlined using four coordinating colors of SU markers. I added a nice wide hot pink polka dot ribbon with a knot-bow and then three hot pink gems. It's simple, but super colorful and fun!

Card Details
Size: 5.5" Square
Sentiment: "Plant your Own Garden" digi (PMS); Coloring Medium: SU markers (Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Pumpkin Pie); Paper: CS-Hot Pink and Turquoise (Paper Studio), CS-White (Georgia Pacific), PP-"Happy Go Lucky-Flowers" (Paper Studio); Misc.: Hot pink w/white polka dots grosgrain ribbon, adhesive hot pink gems, Stickles (Stardust); "Swiss Dots" embossing folder, "Peony" Nestabilities

6 Words of Love:

Christi said...

This is gorgeous!!!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Lisa! Love your sentiment and your gorgeous ribbon!

Toothy said...

Love it, and I looove your nesties, I have never seen that kind,

Lisa (lakind) said...

Love it, Lisa! Those peony nesties really are pretty. I'll have to order them with my next PMS order! Great card!

Katie Cotton said...

this is a fantastic card!

Katie Cotton said...

this is a fantastic card!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps