Sunday, July 26, 2009

A special woman and a fundraiser...will you help?

As many of you know, I recently started selling my cards on a couple venues. Through the course of a couple orders, I have made friends with one of my customers, Jennifer. She is a delightful woman located in California and a joy to chat and communicate with. Like so many of us, she is a card maker and loves the bright colors and bling so many of us are addicted to...

But her life was changed in 2006...she was struck down by a rare debilitating incurable disease called Intracranial Hypertension (IH). Her life was forever changed...she lost her sight becoming completely blind. No longer can she make cards or see the beautiful colors of life...though she does have moments when her sight comes back long enough to taunt her, it has never completely returned. Oh the countless painful surgeries she has endured, and yet come out fighting...reading about her story on her website gives me so much of a greater appreciation for simple things I have taken for granted.

One of the most moving things she ever told me was how she "was not ready to never see my husband's face again." I cannot even fathom that idea, can you?

It has been my joy to create special cards specifically for her full of the bright colors and bling that she so loves...and I've been enjoying my growing friendship with this special woman.

Today her husband approached me via email asking if I would like to participate in a silent aution or raffle at a golf benefit held August 31, 2009. Jennifer's family is hosting this benefit golf tournament at StoneTree Golf Club to raise money to help pay some of the medical expenses for my friend, Jennifer Corkrey O’Hara. Last year they raised $15,000!

As you can imagine, my immeadiate answer was YES!!!! Of COURSE I will participate!

And now I'm asking you...will you help too? Not only is this for a fabulous cause, but for those of you who sell your creations, this is great exposure for your business!

If you are interested in sending something for this benefit auction/raffle, please shoot me an email at lisabeestampin@yahoo.com and I'll get you all the pertinent information.

And for those of you who might have the name Corkrey ringing a bell...it should, if you are familiar with American Idol. Jennifer's neice Meghan Corkrey made it to the Top 13 this past season and is currently on tour with the other Top 13.

To read more about Jennifer, please feel free to visit her website.

Have a beautiful and blessed Sunday!

0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps