Monday, July 27, 2009

A Sketch for PMS Monday

It's another week, another Monday. But Monday's are great days here on my blog! Monday's mean new Paper Makeup Stamps and CCC Monday Challenges! You can find my DT card for the CCC challenge this week by scrolling down or clicking HERE.

This week's challenge for PMS is a sketch challenge brought to us by the fabulous Kim Stewart! This sketch was based on one of Kim's fabulous cards and is super fun to follow!

My DT card uses one of my most favorite PMS monsters' Baby Horatio! He just looks wayyy too cute to be a monster! This stamp comes with the sentiment "dreaming of you" but I decided not to use it with this card.

I drew my colors from this piece of super fun embossed cardstock (DCWV "Retro Boy Colors") that I found at my local Big Lots. I chose to go with the colors orange and yellow for my layering. To tie in the stars from the patterned paper, I stamped some using a stamp by Inkadinkado onto the orange cardstock using my Pumpkin Pie SU marker. Then I cut out two stars from the patterned paper for my corner element.

I decided to do something different and pulled out some lace to use instead of ribbon. I think it's a very nice look and added the four adhesive metal stars to tie back in the star theme. I went over Horatio's cloud using my favorite Stickles color Icicle. I just love the big chunky glitter in it.

I hope you will take the time to check out what the other DT members have created for this week's challenge--you can do that by visiting the Paper Makeup Stamps blog and checking out the post for today's challenge. I really hope you will try out our sketch challenge for this week. Remember that you don't have to use PMS stamps...but if you have them, why not? Use the tag PMSMC21 if you upload your card to Splitcoast or Paper Craft Planet, so we can see your creations! And make sure you add the link to your creation to our Mr. Linky too!

Only one more week until the PMS August 09 Release Sneak Peaks begin...I've got my countdown clock up and running! This month is full of fabulous images (aren't they always?), some of which will be rubber and some digi. The big sneak peak week begins on Monday, August 3rd, so make sure you stay tuned!

Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until July 30th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

7 Words of Love:

Kim said...

Lisa, that is so adorable! Love that lace and all the details.

Tina said...

So precious! I love the colors and that lace.

Stephanie said...

hee hee!! Baby Horatio is sooo cute! great card :)

Christi said...

This is the sweetest!!!!

xiumaiyuki said...

This is so adorable!!! I love that cute monster!!! Reminds me of Monster Inc.!

Vicki said...

What a cute card! Great colors! Blessings to you!

Toothy said...

I love it, what a cute image.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps