Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Sketch Challenge, Dude!


Doesn't the word "Dude" just totally bring to mind a surfer boy??? LOL! It's no wonder that Katie (of Paper Makeup Stamps) named her little wave riding fairy Dude! He's super cute, but I have only inked him up for sending other people images, but not for my own personal use. Why? Can you believe I've been scared of coloring the water and wave??

I know. I know.
Silly, Lisa.

But for some reason, it has been something I've dreaded!

But no more!

I decided it was time to ink him up and use him myself, so when I was at HL today (don't tell my hubby on me!!) I found some cute and bright hibiscus floral paper to use with Dude. I colored him to match the colors in the paper mixing my SU markers with my BIC's and Copics (E00, R20). And then I attacked the water. I used my fingertip daubers and sponged on two shades of blue from a CatEye Colorbox set: French Blue and Ice Blue. I made the water more of the French blue and even used the edge of the ink pad to get the darker swirls. To do this completely, I made a mask of the surfboard and Dude's legs. Sooo much easier! Then I continued sponging the sky, this time only using Ice Blue.

My layout is the sketch for this week's Friday Sketchers Challenge #62. I LOVED everything about the sketch and it fit my plans perfectly! The sentiment "Dude!" is something I typed up on my computer. The inside has the sentiment "Happy Birthday" in yellow with a black outline shadow--again, used my computer.

I just really love this little card! I think some male somewhere some day will get a kick out of this card!

Card Details
Size: 5 1/4" square
Image: Dude (
PMS); Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Coloring Medium: SU, BIC and Copic markers; Paper: CS-Ridinghood Red (SU), Yellow (from stash), White (GP) and PP-"Hibiscus Flowers" (Paper Studio); Misc.: Stickles (Diamond), dimensionals, red brads, white gel pen, "Swiss Dots" embossing folder

Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until July 30th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

And only a few more days until our PMS August Release Sneak Peaks begin! We can't wait to show you what Katie has created for you! It all starts on Monday, August 3rd, so be watching!

9 Words of Love:

Michele said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Kim said...

He's such a cutie! I love that paper you used.

Toothy said...

Love it, I don't know why you were afraid of the water, you did such a good job on it. You are silly. Love your card.

Kim Scheerer said...

I love everything about this card!!! TFS

Cheryl Walker said...

This is super cute!!! Love the image, and you did an Awesome job on the water!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs,
cheryl

Erin said...

Fantastic boys card Lisa, ove it!
Erin x

TannyP said...

He's sooo cute! Fabulous coloring job =)

Katie Cotton said...

how fun!

Diane said...

Cute and fun card!! So sorry about your little kitty!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps