Monday, July 20, 2009

PMS Monday Challenge--Pink and Brown

It's time for some Monday PMS! This week's challenge over on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog is brought to us by the fabulous Dawn Wheeler! It was her birthday this past week (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) and so she decided to celebrate by having everyone use her favorite color combination: Pink and Brown!

My DT card for you today is deceptively simple. Can you believe this thing has 9 layers?? It is pretty heavy! LOL! But I really like it's look. I used this week's sketch challenge (SC237) over on SCS for my layout. I decided to try out another one of the new pieces of digi Word Art that PMS released this month. I just love this quote, don't you?

My paper is some I found in a clearance bin at Hobby Lobby, and snagged for my collection. I just love the plaid look and that it has shots of lime green running through it. I used some of my last remaining pieces of Pink Pirouette twill ribbon and then put a cute pink pearl brad through the bow. I think it adds a lot.

The sun wasn't out when I took this picture, so you can't see the Stickles I added to the pink layer that surrounds the quote. That's the only bling on the card and in my opinion it's the perfect amount!

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Sentiment: "To the World" digi (
PMS); Paper: CS-chocolate chip and Pink pirouette (SU!), CS-White (GP), and PP-Brown/Pink plaid (Paper Studio); Misc.: Pink Pirouette twill ribbon, pink pearl brad, Stickles (Cotton Candy), dimensionals

I hope you take the time to check out what the other DT members have come up with for this week's challenge!

And don't forget to see my other post for today with the details for this week's challenge over on the fabulous Cupcake Craft Challenges blog!

6 Words of Love:

Kim said...

Lisa, that is beautiful. I love that big pink brad on that gorgeous ribbon!

Tina said...

This is super cute, love all the details.

Martha said...

beautiful, I love it.

Lisa (lakind) said...

Lisa this is fabulous! I just love it!

Toothy said...

Just Beautiful! I looove that pearl brad, it's the perfect touch.

Meli Mitchell said...

I love - love - love the sketch, ribbon and the patterned paper! So beautiful.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps