Sunday, July 05, 2009

PMS July Sneak Peaks: Day 4 "Raindrops and Rainbows"

It's time for another sneak peak at a new release by Paper Makeup Stamps. As you have already seen, there are fabulous digis being released this month. If you've been checking them out every day, you've already seen the new fairies, the Home Accessories set and the new quirky monsters.

Today is Day 4 and we are giving you a sneak of another new stamp set called "Raindrops and Rainbows". Our very own Design Team member Shaela designed this fabulous set!! This stamp set is completely digi and contains a total of five images, four sentiments and one word art. My card here uses one of the sentiments from the set. The image is one of the first fairies released named Emma. She is just perfect for this set don't you think?


Emma was colored to match this fabulous new paper I found at Hobby Lobby. It is called "Petal Pop Flower Toss" and "Petal Pop Stripes" and is made by KI memories. I colored Emma to match a couple of the colors in the stripes pattern using a mix of my BIC, Copic, SU and Prismacolor markers. I went over the word "rainbow" in the sentiment to make it match the paper as well. Besides, I think it looks cuter that way! I added a gem to the dot of the "i" in Rain to coordinate with all those gems I added to the striped paper layer. I wasn't sure how it was going to look, but I'm so glad I decided to go for it! I love it!

I made it rain on Emma using Stickles (waterfall) and then added some swirly puddles under her feet too. I brought out the orange in the card by adding Stickles (Orange Peel) around all the orange layers on the sentiment and the image. This card seriously sparkles when the sun hits it!

Card Details
Size: 5" x 7"
Image/Sentiment: Emma and Raindrops/Rainbows-digi (PMS); Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Coloring Medium: BIC, Prismacolor, SU and Copic markers; Paper: CS-Turquoise and Orange (Paper Studio), CS-White (Georgia Pacific), PP-"Petal Pop Flower Toss" and "Petal Pop Stripes" (KI Memories); Misc.: Stickles (listed above), adhesive turquoise gems, dimensionals, orange grosgrain ribbon and turquoise grosgrain ribbon

Now that you've seen what I did with one of the sentiments in this set, you need to go check out what some of the other PMS DT members created! You will find some more goodies over at Shaela, Christi, Katie and Kim's Blogs...but you can also go back and check out the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog post for today if you want the condensed version! LOL!

And don't forget to mark your calendars on July 7th for the PMS Release Party! The PMS forum is going to be the happening place to be from 9-11pm (EST)! There will be challenges and prizes given away during the party, so you definitely don't want to miss it!

5 Words of Love:

Janis said...

I love everything about this card, especially her green hair and the sparkly rain hitting the brella.

Kim said...

Lisa, that is so beautiful! Em is the perfect fairy to pair with that sentiment - gorgeous!

Tina said...

So lovely, great colors.

Shaela said...

this is great, so bright and cheery! awesome job

Michelle said...

lisa...this card is wonderful
TFS!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps