Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Matched Set

I had a lot of fun creating the set I am sharing with you today. One of my friends contacted me Tuesday to place an order for a birthday card with a matching gift card holder. She loves the Stamping Bella images and just asked that I make it in black, white and Hot Pink and keep it "fun". With that much freedom, how can I go wrong? LOL!

I dug through my papers and found some fabulous hot pink with black dots paper and then remembered a Stamping Bella image that would be perfect: Partygirlabella! She probably is one of my most favorite Bellas and after making this card, I went and added her to my cart on Stamping Bella! LOL!

I used an old sketch from Our Creative Corner as my inspiration for this card and it really helped me make a card just the way I wanted. I used a metal word embellishment "Celebrate" for my sentiment and then carried the silver to my silver Bella baubles I added to the top corner of the image. In order to keep this card from being carried away in sparkle, I limited my use of Stickles (using Stardust) to the cupcake, the flower on Bellas shirt, her hat and the heart balloons. I did use a black Spicca pen on her pants and the balloon strings.

I used the gift card holder pattern that I posted yesterday, but did my belly band vertically this time. I'll add the measurements for that...I used my swiss dots folder on the belly band again and layers three flowers: black, white, and then a punch out of the paper in pink. I used silver mini heart brads on the inside to create the pocket for the gift card. The back of the gift card holder has another layered piece of the pink patterned paper.

Card Details
Size: 5 1/2" square (top-fold)
Image: partygirlabella (
stampingbella); Coloring medium: SU, BIC, Prismacolor and Copic markers; Paper: CS-Black (Paper Studio), CS-white (GP), CS-pink (stash) and PP-"Light pink with black dots" (paper studio); Misc.: silver Bella baubles (stampingbella), "celebrate" metallic adhesive sentiment, Stickles (listed above), small daisy punch (marvy), "swiss dots" embossing folder, black double stitched grosgrain ribbon, crystal gem brad, mini heart brads, black Spicca pen, white and black paper flowers

I'm very very happy with this set and I hope my friend loves it as much as I do! LOL!

5 Words of Love:

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute!!! tfs!!

Vicki said...

What a precious set! Great colors and details! Blessings to you!

Toothy said...

love the colors and the sparkle, very cute.

supercraftygirl said...

Supercute set! I love the bellas!

Sara Reid said...

My mother loved your precious set. I really appreciate your creativity. I wonder why i could think like this. Thank you for sharing such a nice article.


spielen

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps