Friday, July 10, 2009

I'd Pick You Twice for Bellarific Friday!

Happy Friday!!! We are leaving to go camping sometime today--but not quite sure when yet. I just love camping...especially if it's going to be hot enough to swim! There is just something extremely fun about swimming in lakes and having water balloon fights! And it's even better when you are camping with {FRIENDS}!

It was my friends that helped to inspire this card I made for this week's Bellarific Friday over at Bloggabella. Our sketch to use was given to us on Tuesday and it really was a cute one.

I decided to use my most favorite stamp that I own from Stamping Bella--Turtle Tots "Picking Posies"! I really wanted to use a sentiment other then the one that came with him but was blanking for a moment...and then it hit me--I could use the new friendship digi sentiment JUST RELEASED by Paper Makeup Stamps! It was great because I was able to increase it to the size I needed for my card! And this sentiment is just so sweet and matched perfectly with the image!

Like I mentioned in my post yesterday, I used this fabulously bright and cheerful paper ("Small Multi Flowers" by Paper Studio). For today's card I chose to highlight the hot pink and yellow combination. I ran both of those pieces of CS through my Cuttlebug (I LOVE being able to do that!) using the Swiss Dots folder. I used one of my nesties cut-outs that I was RAK'd for my circle image. I decided to add some flat back metal gems along the edge of the circle and I think it added to the card a lot. Today's Stickle choice was one of my most favorite colors:Sequins! It's from the Glitz line in the Stickles family and sooooo sparkly!

Card Details
Size: 4.25 x 5.5 (top-fold)

Image/Sentiment: Turtle Tots "Picking Posies" (stampingbella), "If Friends were Flowers" digi (PMS); Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento); Coloring Medium: BIC, Prismacolor and SU markers; Paper: CS-Hot pink and Yellow (paper Studio), CS-White (GP) and PP-"Small Multi Flowers" (paper Studio); Misc.: flat back metal gems, Stickles (Sequins), dimensionals, "Swiss Dots" embossing folder

I'm hoping to have time to set up posts for this weekend--but just in case, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

3 Words of Love:

Tina said...

Super adorable!

Toothy said...

Awe, what a cute layout and I love the colors.

Katie Cotton said...

super cute card!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps