Monday, July 20, 2009

Cupcake Monday!

Another Monday, and that means it's time for another fabulous challenge over on Cupcake Craft Challenges! The other CCC DT members and I are getting very excited because in just a few more weeks it will be our big First Anniversary Cupcake Bash! We have sooo much in store for our faithful fans that it just makes me downright giddy! LOL!

But let's talk about today! The challenge for this week was set by the fabulously talented Paula Morfit (aka. Poppet or Pops!) has given everyone the challenge of Christmas! Hmm, that seems to be the theme all over the place these days! LOL! Your challenge is to make a Christmas themed project or card. Now for me, this is a bit hard, as I don't own a single Christmas themed item (because I don't celebrate Christmas) so I decided to go with a winter theme. When you don't celebrate Christmas, you don't think of red and green or Santa or a Christmas tree...for my family in KY, Christmas season means SNOW!!!!!!!

My DT card today uses one of my favorite stamps. It's my one (and ONLY) stamp by the fabulous company Whiff of Joy. This stamp is "Charlie Building Snowman" and it's sooo much fun to use and to color! One of my most favorite winter color combinations is blue, brown and white and I loved using those colors again. My image was colored using my SU (chocolate chip, brocade blue, bashful blue, creamy caramel), BIC (black), Copic (E00) and Prismacolor (Cool Grey 30%) markers.

I love this embossing folder design don't you? I just wish I actually owned it! Thankfully I have many card fronts in winter colors to use! Once I had my card put together, I decided to use something new this week...my brand new pot of {Shimmerz!} I bought a pot not to long ago, because I was curious to see what all the fuss was about! I started my collection with "Angel Wings" and since it's white, I decided to use it on my snowman. Unfortunately, you can't see the effect when taking a straight picture...which is why I took one at an angle to you can see what the Shimmerz did...it's all shimmery (Duh! LOL!)! You can also see that I used my Spicca pen on the snowman's hat...more sparkle!

I think I'm definitely going to have to try out the new version of Shimmerz called Blingz. I hear they are like Shimmerz on steroids...now that's my kind of product! LOL! You can buy Shimmerz and Blingz a lot of places online. I get mine from the Paper Makeup Stamps . It's very reasonably priced and Katie carries nearly all the popular colors!

So there you go. My version of a Christmas card! I hope you will play along with this challenge so we can see your Christmas in July! Make sure you go check out our main blog post so you can see all the beeeeeauutiful creations from my fellow DT members!

And don't forget to check out my other post for today with this week's Paper Makeup Stamps Monday Challenge!



ps. If anyone needs to know why I don't celebrate Christmas, feel free to email me lisabeestampin@yahoo.com and we'll talk. Thanks!

5 Words of Love:

Donna said...

Fantastic card Lisa and such a brilliant image, such a cute snowman and he looks perfect with the shimmerz :) Donna x

Lisa (lakind) said...

Cute image! Love the shimmer on the snowman..clever!

Meli Mitchell said...

Ooh, what a great and shimmery snowman. And that embossing folder is great!!

Stephanie said...

Adorable!

Sandy said...

Your card turned out great, Lisa!! I'm a huge snowman fan. That CB folder is perfect with your image.

Great job with the challenge.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps