Monday, July 06, 2009

CCC--The End is Black and White

*This is my first post for today. Make sure you scroll up or click HERE to see my PMS Monday Challenge creation*

Today will be the last challenge for the Cupcake Craft Challenge Blog. Lauren informed her faithful followers and the Design Team last week that she is no longer going to be able to keep up with the blog and made the decision to have this week's challenge be the final one. I'm honored to have been a part of the CCC DT these last few months. And even more touched to be the one hosting this final challenge.

My theme for this last and final challenge on CCC is a color challenge. Some of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen have been colorless--just simple black and white photos. That's what your challenge is this week. Make a creation using just the two colors Black and White.

My card creation for this week was created and inspired from this fabulous paper ("Studio Poppies" by Chatterbox) that I stumbled across in Michael's this past week. I fell in love with it and then fell in love all over again when I discovered it was double sided. If I had taken more money I would have purchased A LOT more of it!

This powerful quote is actually a super sneak peak from Paper Makeup Stamps. I had to ask Katie (the owner) if it was okay to sneak this sentiment early, and she told me "Go for it!" This is one of the new sentiment digis that will be released tomorrow (July 7th). Tomorrow is actually the day for the sentiment sneak peaks, so you get to see this one a day early!

I must admit that I love digi sentiments because they print out so nice and clean. I'm always having to hold my breath when I stamp them for fear that somethings going to make them smudge! LOL!

I finished my card with a gorgeous black satin ribbon (woo hoo! My bow rocks! LOL!) and then added every one of those tiny gems by hand! I was paranoid I wasn't going to space them right or I was going to go crooked, but thankfully they didn't! I carried the big flower paper to the inside layered on white cardstock.

I really hope that some of you will participate in this final challenge over on CCC, especially since I was the one who got to pick it! LOL! But if you decide not to, at least go over to the blog and see what my fellow DT members have created for our last challenge showcase.

I'm going to miss CCC as it's been super fun to be a part of for the last several months.

*NEWS FLASH*: At 10:00am this morning, I've learned that our fabulous DT member Donna has volunteered to take over running the challenge blog! So this means that we will continue the Cupcake Craft Challenges! Woohoo! So the end is not always black and white! LOL! Thanks Donna!!

4 Words of Love:

Katie Cotton said...

super cute card lisa! And i love the new blog background! So fun and summery!

Liza said...

This card is gorgeous Lisa, the sentiment is lovely.

Liza x

Sandy said...

Pretty card Lisa ... love the papers you chose, the black ribbon and the clear rhinestones.

Simone said...

Wow, fabulous card! I love it!
Simone

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps